Regent airfare

SWFLAOK:

FWIIW--

For this June's Splendor London (Southampton) to Iceland segment.  Utilizing Regent Air.  We booked this segment only a few months ago which was, for us, rather late in the game. 

The air itinerary was coordinated via our TA.  Regent's initial air itinerary would not have been on any direct flights from SEA to LHR; rather intermediate stop and change of planes at either Chicago or New York.  Thus, a long day and late June 20th arrival at Regent's London hotel.  

Did our homework, based on previous itineraries.  Had our TA request the Regent Air rep. put us on a N/S British Airways, Business Class, Red-eye on night of the 19th; getting us to Heathrow, and, hopefully, to Regent's assigned hotel early morning on the 20th. Allowing time to unwind and venture out during the Summer day.    

TA worked this out with a Regent Air rep in less than an hour.  Got the BA flight we wanted.  No deviation fee (Platinum); but it did require a $500.00 pp upcharge.  Well-worth it.  Less strain and worry about luggage; change of planes, and so-on at either O'Hare or a New York airport. 

Regent advised getting our seat assignments both to Heathrow; then, on Iceland Air, Saga Class, N/S when returning to SEA on July 5th.  Went on BA's website about an hour later to confirm same.  Nice seats.  No need to request a change.  But, during periodic rechecking, we still have the option of changing our seats.  At this point--very few decent ones are left in Business Class for either the BA or Iceland Air fights.  Summer Season, no-doubt. 

GOARMY!

Edited by GOARMY
Clarification.
  • Like 1

OK, it's time for a nice Regent Air story.  Our agent came up with a Regent offer of a Rome-Istanbul voyage last year that was not selling and offered at a very good price.

We signed up and told some of our club friends about it.  We ended up with 16 people.

I guess because of our group size, our agent got our non-gateway and custom air deviation fees waived.  Everyone gave Regent their preferences with many varying carriers and routes.  The Regent clue was: make your preference on the same airline/alliance and we can probably get you business air all the way.  Usually, it's coach on domestic segments and business on the overseas legs.

The outcome: EVERYONE got business air all the way from HNL-FCO and IST-HNL.  Individuals went on airline/alliances of their choice on various routes.  No additional cost. 

Turns out to be a really smart move on Regent's part.  80% of the group were first-time Regent sailors and so far, 50% have signed-up for Regent cruises in 2024.

• Like 4

Swings and roundabout story from us.

Here in the UK we only have included Economy flights. 

We are just in the process of added a second cruise to our already booked August cruise. We need to fly back from Istanbul to Manchester. We had already deviated, added business class flights both ways on the original booking. These flights were not ticketed. This will happen60 days before we sail.  We will  not be able to book seats until then. Therefore no seat reservations possible. There are 4 of us. However this meant we could add a second cruise without loss of original upgrade (Athens to Manchester ….£300 per person ).
A win.

However the choice is now a British Airways late flight from Istanbul via Heathrow with a long stopover ( journey time 9hrs) for the original £300 or Direct flight with Turkish Airlines for £599 per person.
Looking at the prices online for the same direct flight we are only getting £205 

towards the flight. ( 391 economy and  £804 Business  on website) 
Waiting to find out amount of credit for not taking flight. 

Cruise on the Regent web site is not quoted without flights. 
We were astonished by the amount Regent wanted for the upgrade. TA thinks Regent do not have a contract with Turkish airlines and are passing on the total cost of the return flight.

wondering if any Uk/ European guests have experienced a large increase in upgrade costs.

Last September, Regent booked us on Turkish Airlines flights from Barcelona to Istanbul to Los Angeles at the end of April. A couple of days later I called Turkish Airlines to confirm that the seats reserved by Regent were in the airline’s system. I was informed that my reservation had been canceled for nonpayment.

since payment was not supposed to take place until 60 days before the first flight, I contacted my TA who, in turn, contacted Regent. The Regent air concierge contacted Turkish Airlines informed her that the airline no longer would wait until the 60 day mark for payment but wanted immediate payment. Apparently, the contract was still in effect with the exception of the new payment requirement.

Dave

Turkish Airlines is still being used by Regent. I have flights on Turkish from Atlanta to Istanbul confirmed for June this year. Seats allocated and ready to go. I did deviate.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CJANDH said:

Turkish Airlines is still being used by Regent. I have flights on Turkish from Atlanta to Istanbul confirmed for June this year. Seats allocated and ready to go. I did deviate.

Good to know. Has Regent made full payment for your flights or are they waiting until the 60 day mark?

Dave

Edited by DaveFr

14 hours ago, DaveFr said:

Good to know. Has Regent made full payment for your flights or are they waiting until the 60 day mark?

Dave

Sorry. I don't know that. But seat allocation is showing up on both my Regent account and on the Turkish Air site.