Shopping in Auckland

We will be spending several days in Auckland prior to a South Pacific cruise. Prior to arriving in Auckland we will spend about 2 weeks in Australia & take a Celebrity NZ cruise. I'm figuring we'll have lots of souvenirs, so I'll be looking for a good size tote bag for my goodies to bring home. Can anyone recommend a  store in Auckland to purchase a good size tote bag. We are staying at the JW Marriott which is in the CBD, I think.

Thanks, Denise 

8 hours ago, daydreamer16 said:

We will be spending several days in Auckland prior to a South Pacific cruise. Prior to arriving in Auckland we will spend about 2 weeks in Australia & take a Celebrity NZ cruise. I'm figuring we'll have lots of souvenirs, so I'll be looking for a good size tote bag for my goodies to bring home. Can anyone recommend a  store in Auckland to purchase a good size tote bag. We are staying at the JW Marriott which is in the CBD, I think.

Thanks, Denise 

You may be better off to ask this question in the Auckland forum on Trip Advisor

9 hours ago, yarramar said:

You may be better off to ask this question in the Auckland forum on Trip Advisor

I'll be in Melbourne for 4 days prior to flying to Auckland, maybe you can suggest some place there?

Denise 

1 hour ago, daydreamer16 said:

I'll be in Melbourne for 4 days prior to flying to Auckland, maybe you can suggest some place there?

Denise 

Melbourne is the shopping capital of Australia.

If you like malls, Chadstone (Westfield) is the largest in Australia. They have a free tourist shuttle bus which goes from Federation Square. https://www.chadstone.com.au/tourist-shuttle

If you prefer outlet shopping, there is Spencer Outlet above the Spencer St Station or  DFO South Wharf which is larger.

For souvenirs, the best place to shop is the Queen Victoria Market. It is not open on Monday or Wednesday and closes around 2 to 4 pm on the other days, so get there early. The best day is Sunday when there is the most number of stallholders with a huge variety of goods on sale.

2 hours ago, yarramar said:

Melbourne is the shopping capital of Australia.

If you like malls, Chadstone (Westfield) is the largest in Australia. They have a free tourist shuttle bus which goes from Federation Square. https://www.chadstone.com.au/tourist-shuttle

If you prefer outlet shopping, there is Spencer Outlet above the Spencer St Station or  DFO South Wharf which is larger.

For souvenirs, the best place to shop is the Queen Victoria Market. It is not open on Monday or Wednesday and closes around 2 to 4 pm on the other days, so get there early. The best day is Sunday when there is the most number of stallholders with a huge variety of goods on sale.

Thanks for the info. We are planning to go to the Victoria Market on Easter Sunday, so hopefully I'll find something there. I already checked that they will be open that day but closed on Friday. We have theater tickets for the afternoon so we'll go there first thing that morning.

Thanks again, Denise 

On 2/25/2024 at 12:04 PM, daydreamer16 said:

Thanks for the info. We are planning to go to the Victoria Market on Easter Sunday, so hopefully I'll find something there. I already checked that they will be open that day but closed on Friday. We have theater tickets for the afternoon so we'll go there first thing that morning.

Thanks again, Denise 

If you don't find anything at Victoria Market you should be able find something in either David Jones, Myer or Strandbags in Bourke St Mall in Melbourne.

In Auckland I suggest going to the 277 Mall in Newmarket. You can get the train to Newmarket from Britomart station - it's the next stop I think. 277 is a fairly big mall so you should find something there. Otherwise there are probably shops in Queen St that will have tote bags.

Thanks!

On 3/3/2024 at 5:40 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

If you don't find anything at Victoria Market you should be able find something in either David Jones, Myer or Strandbags in Bourke St Mall in Melbourne.

In Auckland I suggest going to the 277 Mall in Newmarket. You can get the train to Newmarket from Britomart station - it's the next stop I think. 277 is a fairly big mall so you should find something there. Otherwise there are probably shops in Queen St that will have tote bags.