Book the Retreat for Norwegian Fjords?

MizLizzie

Would you book a family Retreat cabana for a fjords sailing in early June?  We are a family of four, 2 in a balcony cabin and 2 in an inside cabin.  Will it be too cold and breezy to enjoy it?  Thanks for any advice.  

I went on the third week of June and weather was warm and dry enough for sailing on the fjords. But that's the luck of the draw, could be foggy and rainy as well. Value-wise, since you already have a balcony you could hang out there to view the fjords (port side for sail-ins, starboard for sail-outs) in Geiranger and Eidfjord. Assuming you are on the Rotterdam, there are great hangout places with window views for free overlooking the pool on deck 10. The NY deli and Dive In are nearby. I would spend my OBC on other items, but it's your decision to spend wherever you wish.

Edited by vicd1969
  • Like 2

We did the Voyage of the Midnight Sun, June 9-23, 2019. For the most part, the weather was good, with just the occasional, short-lived rain. Temperatures varied, with clothes ranging from short sleeves (but with a sweater handy) to multiple layers. At no point would I have even considered sitting in a cabana, and we used our balcony far less than usual.

Bergen - June 12

DSC_0848.thumb.jpeg.f4e1c59d5242bd3aa3d99dba610a4d31.jpeg

Fishing Village, North Cape Region - June 16

DSC_1080.thumb.jpeg.33bf3fc17bd2ae943f2d289aa8c3e20c.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks, all.   I relooked our reservation, and realized we have one of those deep balconies on Deck 4 of the Niew Statendam.   A cabana would probably be a waste — and too cold.  

• Like 1

I think cabanas are probably best when you have a lot of at-sea days with NO scenery, in warmer part of the world. And when there are a lot of chair hogs in the Lido area and you really want your own lounger.

7 hours ago, MizLizzie said:

Thanks, all.   I relooked our reservation, and realized we have one of those deep balconies on Deck 4 of the Niew Statendam.   A cabana would probably be a waste — and too cold.  

I think you will enjoy the heck out of that deck 4 huge balcony!  I've seen them (not stayed there). 

I'll also be in Norway in June this year and am going on the Havila coastal voyage.  Layers!!

Have a wonderful time in Norway!

~Nancy

We did that cruise last July, it was fog over cast, rain for almost the whole cruise, we only saw the sun set three days. This was the NordKapp

DSC_5682.JPG

DSC_5635.JPG

• Like 1