Cost of Adding Devices to Surf HIA Internet

I've searched HAL's website but cannot seem to find an explicit answer this. HIA internet comes with 1 device for 2 people in a stateroom. If a person wanted to add 2 more devices, can that be done for cheaper than upgrading to premium internet? I know premium comes with four devices, but I am not looking for more speed or access to more sites, just to have four devices connected. Any insight that anyone can offer me?

We had HIA on the way to Hawaii (1/30-2/17, 2024).  We could each use a device.  If we wanted to use our 2nd device (me an old iphone, him a Macbook) we had to sign out of the first device.  Hubby could stream reels from FB and play his games; I could download Kindle books.  If you’re planning to work using multiple devices you may want to upgrade but the HIA was fine for us.  We did not run into using too much time.  Some areas of the ship have better reception than others, but our room reception was fine.

15 minutes ago, Moorecc70 said:

We had HIA on the way to Hawaii (1/30-2/17, 2024).  We could each use a device.  If we wanted to use our 2nd device (me an old iphone, him a Macbook) we had to sign out of the first device.  Hubby could stream reels from FB and play his games; I could download Kindle books.  If you’re planning to work using multiple devices you may want to upgrade but the HIA was fine for us.  We did not run into using too much time.  Some areas of the ship have better reception than others, but our room reception was fine.

yes, thank you. we have done the same on our last two cruises and found logging in and out of devices wasn't much hassle. In this case there will be four of us sharing a room so we are hoping to have four devices connect at all times.

This was newly posted (yesterday?), that Surf level will only be available as part of HIA. I don't believe there was ever a multi-device plan for the Surf level anyway. You can upgrade one of your two included Surf plans to a multi-Premium plan for four devices. I want to say wait until onboard, it may save you some money... but multi-device Premium is actually less before boarding! But with no credit for the plan included in HIA. I am unclear on which to do. Roger?

@Crew News

Or the other two people can buy their own HIA at $55pppd. Actually I'm surprised they didn't already have to, as Beverage Packages have always been "All adults in a room" must purchase to avoid sharing. For the HIA you want to buy several days before boarding as it is $10pppd MORE on board. 

7 hours ago, crystalspin said:

This was newly posted (yesterday?), that Surf level will only be available as part of HIA. I don't believe there was ever a multi-device plan for the Surf level anyway. You can upgrade one of your two included Surf plans to a multi-Premium plan for four devices. I want to say wait until onboard, it may save you some money... but multi-device Premium is actually less before boarding! But with no credit for the plan included in HIA. I am unclear on which to do. Roger?

@Crew News

Or the other two people can buy their own HIA at $55pppd. Actually I'm surprised they didn't already have to, as Beverage Packages have always been "All adults in a room" must purchase to avoid sharing. For the HIA you want to buy several days before boarding as it is $10pppd MORE on board. 

After reviewing my upcoming cruises (7, 14, 12, 9, and 17 days) internet purchase prices (20% savings) and calculating the onboard purchase prices, I have determined the following daily internet charges for up to 20-day cruises:

Premium Plan Onboard Prices (5* Mariner discount can be applied):

• 1 device - $22.85/day
  • 4 devices - $32.85/day

Premium Plan Online Prices (5* Mariner discount can NOT be applied):

• 1 device - $18.28/day
  • 4 devices - $26.28/day

Stream Plan Onboard Prices (5* Mariner discount can be applied):

• 1 device - $34.99/day
  • 4 devices - $49.95/day

Stream Plan Online Prices (5* Mariner discount can NOT be applied):

• 1 device - $27.99/day
  • 4 devices - $39.99/day

Onboard purchases will be charged to "non-refundable" OBC with 5* Mariners granted a $30 discount to the total charge.

I will try to obtain the stream internet prices for cruises longer than 20 days and post a full table soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

After reviewing my upcoming cruises (7, 14, 12, 9, and 17 days) internet purchase prices (20% savings) and calculating the onboard purchase prices, I have determined the following daily internet charges for up to 20-day cruises:

Premium Plan Onboard Prices (5* Mariner discount can be applied):

• 1 device - $22.85/day
  • 4 devices - $32.85/day

Premium Plan Online Prices (5* Mariner discount can NOT be applied):

• 1 device - $18.28/day
  • 4 devices - $26.28/day

Stream Plan Onboard Prices (5* Mariner discount can be applied):

• 1 device - $34.99/day
  • 4 devices - $49.95/day

Stream Plan Online Prices (5* Mariner discount can NOT be applied):

• 1 device - $27.99/day
  • 4 devices - $39.99/day

Onboard purchases will be charged to "non-refundable" OBC with 5* Mariners granted a $30 discount to the total charge.

I will try to obtain the stream internet prices for cruises longer than 20 days and post a full table soon.

Correction:  Days 15-20 are a few dollars cheaper for stream packages and I will try to get updated info for all days greater than 14.

15 hours ago, Crew News said:

Correction:  Days 15-20 are a few dollars cheaper for stream packages and I will try to get updated info for all days greater than 14.

Here is a link to the a table of charges for both Premium and Stream internet plans,  purchased before or after boarding, for both a single or four devices, and from 1 to 100+ days:  Internet Price List

Edited by Crew News

2 hours ago, Crew News said:

Here is a link to the a table of charges for both Premium and Stream internet plans,  purchased before or after boarding, for both a single or four devices, and from 1 to 100+ days:  Internet Price List

Please check the link.  I am getting 'Page not found'!

2 hours ago, Crew News said:

Link in this post....

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/Internet-Pricing-2024.pdf

Correct page.....

https://rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/internet-price-list/

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Please check the link.  I am getting 'Page not found'!

My apologies.  I had to upload a newer version of the tables but was timed out in changing the earlier post link.

Actually, there are three possible links:

Home Page Link for Internet Prices

HAL Menus and More Internet Prices

Internet Price List Page

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Crew News said:

My apologies.  I had to upload a newer version of the tables but was timed out in changing the earlier post link.

Actually, there are three possible links:

Home Page Link for Internet Prices

HAL Menus and More Internet Prices

Internet Price List Page

Yes, I found them ok on your website and the other thread.

I just wanted to let you know that this thread was showing a bad link.

Thanks for all your work in keeping us all advised of the latest informations.

Just now, VMax1700 said:

Yes, I found them ok on your website and the other thread.

I just wanted to let you know that this thread was showing a bad link.

Thanks for all your work in keeping us all advised of the latest informations.

Thanks to you for reporting the link issue.  I count on CC members to keep so many links current in my battle with website gremlins.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Crew News said:

After talking with HAL Ship Services, I have created a table of the costs to upgrade HIA Surf Plans to either Premium or Stream Plans:  Costs to Update HIA Surf to Premium or Surf Plans

It will interesting to see how individual ships actually charge for the upgrade.

this was EXACTLY the information I was looking for. Thank you so much for the amount of work you put into it!

• Like 2