Resilient Lady San Juan 7, 8, 10 and 11 Night Itineraries on sale Feb 29.

CruisingWalter

Get with your First Mate, this is going to be an amazing Winter 2024 - 2025 season!  I'm going to try to get one of those longer itineraries myself. 

Resilient Lady will now reposition to her new temporary home in the Caribbean from Athens, where she’ll be sailing 7, 8, 10 and 11-night voyages from San Juan, Puerto Rico — visiting St. Maarten, St. Vincent, Colombia, and Dominica — which will be available to book on February 29th.

"It's Official, Resilient Lady is coming to San Juan".  

• Like 4

Feel bad for the folks that got cancelled. I am really excited to see the new itineraries. Got cancelled on Brilliant, and it looks like I’ll have a chance at a redo.

Now we just need to know what’s up with Brilliant Lady. 

14 minutes ago, Fogcityca13 said:

Now we just need to know what’s up with Brilliant Lady. 

Last thing we saw was Q4 2025 for Brilliant Lady's arrival, but it's all conjecture until they actually put her back up for sale again. 

We all knew the Resilient Lady was going to be cancelled because there was no way they could go through the Red Sea right now.  But I was honestly surprised at this turn of events. I can't wait to see what these 10 and 11 night itineraries are!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

Get with your First Mate, this is going to be an amazing Winter 2024 - 2025 season!  I'm going to try to get one of those longer itineraries myself. 

Resilient Lady will now reposition to her new temporary home in the Caribbean from Athens, where she’ll be sailing 7, 8, 10 and 11-night voyages from San Juan, Puerto Rico — visiting St. Maarten, St. Vincent, Colombia, and Dominica — which will be available to book on February 29th.

"It's Official, Resilient Lady is coming to San Juan".  

Are the specific itineraries listed anywhere yet?

8 minutes ago, Back to school said:

Interesting new itinerary October 20-?? 2024, Athens - San Juan.  

Nope because the San Juan sailings don't start till December 6. If the information is correct, the repositioning will be announced in Mid-March, so not the same day as the Southern Caribbean itineraries. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

Nope because the San Juan sailings don't start till December 6. If the information is correct, the repositioning will be announced in Mid-March, so not the same day as the Southern Caribbean itineraries. 

Interesting take, I’m going to bet Athens-San Juan😀 

“Resilient Lady will now complete her Mediterranean sailing season on October 20th, 2024 and divert course sailing to San Juan, Puerto Rico for a new Caribbean season offering 7, 8, 10 and 11-night voyages visiting St. Maarten, St. Vincent, Colombia, and Dominica. We are currently reviewing Resilient Lady’s repositioning routes from Athens to San Juan, and we will share these as soon as they’re ready, but they will feature stunning ports including Catania, Casablanca, and Tenerife.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Back to school said:

No canceling announcement for Resilient Lady, Barcelona - Athen October 11-20 2024.  Not available for booking months, nothing for up-to-date. 

That sailing is still on. VV updated their announcement this evening that 10/11 - 10/20 is still on. What comes after that is still unannounced. All we know that she starts in San Juan 12/6 and it's currently set to be an Athens to San Juan crossing. So perhaps she'll spend November in Greece and then come over.

Athens to San Juan doesn’t take 47 days so I’m curious as to what will that will look like as well. (Oct 20-Dec 6). I assume two weeks of that is Transatlantic but still lots of itinerary to fill. 

5 hours ago, greenenvy said:

Athens to San Juan doesn’t take 47 days so I’m curious as to what will that will look like as well. (Oct 20-Dec 6). I assume two weeks of that is Transatlantic but still lots of itinerary to fill. 

Yes definitely will be something else in between!

9 hours ago, Back to school said:

No canceling announcement for Resilient Lady, Barcelona - Athen October 11-20 2024.  Not available for booking months, nothing for up-to-date. 

It hasn't been available to book for months because it sold out as soon as it was released because the cabins were so cheap.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

Last thing we saw was Q4 2025 for Brilliant Lady's arrival, but it's all conjecture until they actually put her back up for sale again. 

wow, I thought it would be Q4 2024, which is already a 1 year delay from the original date. 

17 hours ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

wow, I thought it would be Q4 2024, which is already a 1 year delay from the original date. 

They just took delivery of her a week or so ago, but have said they are 'still working on perfecting the itineraries.' With the announcement that Resilient Lady is going to San Juan in Q4 2024, that means she is taking the slot that was supposed to be for Brilliant Lady. My best guess is that they are working to get the West Coast lined up so they can bring her there during her first season. Getting port slots is not easy and very costly, I don't envy those folks who have to negotiate and buy those slots. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, -The-True-North- said:

Feb 29 is also the last day for 65% off.

Does anyone know what will be March 1, is it only 60% off.

Not that any of this matters really since they change the base fare to reflect the "sale". But will the bar tab again be lowered?

Tia

The rumor (not confirmed) is the 65% goes down to 60% (like you say, almost meaningless) and there will be another bar tab reduction. Friday will tell.

Edited by Gretchendz

On 2/26/2024 at 4:46 PM, Back to school said:

That's not been available because it came with super-cheap fares, so got sold out in a few days. Ironically, it was right after the announced delay for Brilliant Lady, so cruises were switched to Resilient in the Med. Hopefully the Resilient ones out of San Juan will also have some attractive pricing, or at least less painful than the current pricing, especially for solo cruisers. The current $250-300/nt for most solo cabins isn't enough to tempt me, especially if I add Seattle-San Juan airfare. 

• Like 1

Not surprised by the prices... Better than the last launch, but still not booking.

$6.5k (CAD) for the January Columbia one

$4.4k (CAD) for Sunsets in the Lesser Antilles.

We are on Valiant Lady right now doing the Eastern Caribbean one, and booked that (not at launch) for $3.3k.

Looks like our time with VV is done.

Was a good run 

On 2/27/2024 at 2:48 AM, Jamesv281117 said:

Yes definitely will be something else in between!

On 2/26/2024 at 8:57 PM, greenenvy said:

New itineraries!

Resilient Lady Transatlantic & Miami 2024 Itineraries
Dates Itinerary Name Destinations
20 October 2024 (7 Nights) Athens to Barcelona Piraeus (Athens), Mykonos, Sailing Day, Catania, Sailing Day, Palma de Mallorca, Valencia, Barcelona
27 October 2024 (14 Nights) Transatlantic – Barcelona to Miami Barcelona, Sailing Day, Casablanca, Morocco, Sailing Day, Gran Canaria, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Sailing Day (8 Days), Miami
10th November (5 Nights) Name TBA Miami, Sailing Day, Costa May, Cozumel, Sailing Day, Miami
15th November (5 Nights) Name TBA Miami, Sailing Day, Grand Turk, Puerto Plata, Sailing Day, Bimini Beach Club, Miami
21st November (9 Nights) Unknown Potential Charter Sailing
30th November (6 Nights) Miami to San Juan Miami, Sailing Day, Grand Turk, Puerto Plata, Sailing Day, Basseterre, San Juan
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2024 at 11:57 AM, Back to school said:

New itineraries!

Resilient Lady Transatlantic & Miami 2024 Itineraries
Dates Itinerary Name Destinations
20 October 2024 (7 Nights) Athens to Barcelona Piraeus (Athens), Mykonos, Sailing Day, Catania, Sailing Day, Palma de Mallorca, Valencia, Barcelona
27 October 2024 (14 Nights) Transatlantic – Barcelona to Miami Barcelona, Sailing Day, Casablanca, Morocco, Sailing Day, Gran Canaria, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Sailing Day (8 Days), Miami
10th November (5 Nights) Name TBA Miami, Sailing Day, Costa May, Cozumel, Sailing Day, Miami
15th November (5 Nights) Name TBA Miami, Sailing Day, Grand Turk, Puerto Plata, Sailing Day, Bimini Beach Club, Miami
21st November (9 Nights) Unknown Potential Charter Sailing
30th November (6 Nights) Miami to San Juan Miami, Sailing Day, Grand Turk, Puerto Plata, Sailing Day, Basseterre, San Juan

No up-to-date, I’m going to call Sailor Service tomorrow.