Pullman vs. Sofa bed. Which is more comfortable?

We are going on the Celebration and have 3 people in a room.  We have a choice of a room with a pullman (which I wanted because of space) and a sofa that turns into a bed.  We are staying in the Havana area (again, for extra space outside).  Is the pullman comfortable enough?  A 29 year old will be in it if that makes a difference.  No brainer for an older person like myself lol.

1 minute ago, sturderick said:

We are going on the Celebration and have 3 people in a room.  We have a choice of a room with a pullman (which I wanted because of space) and a sofa that turns into a bed.  We are staying in the Havana area (again, for extra space outside).  Is the pullman comfortable enough?  A 29 year old will be in it if that makes a difference.  No brainer for an older person like myself lol.

I've never personally slept in either, but my kids always found the pullman beds to be more comfortable than the sofas.

Edited by MisterOJ2
  • Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 11:57 AM, sturderick said:

He's only 5'6" so I think he's good haha.  I just think it would be nice to have the extra space to sit on the couch since there are 3 of us.

I am 5'6 and when my kid was sick on a cruise and wanted to sleep in my lower berth, I had to climb into his pullman bed. That was painful. I am not a fit person. And I have to use the bathroom at night 2+ times, so no. Not for me.

So, while the kid loves pullman beds for now (he is 5'5 now, but will soon be 6'+, so we'll see about that), I prefer sofas for the ease of getting into.

ETA:

On 2/27/2024 at 7:25 PM, Purvis1231 said:

I am 6'2" 250 and I slept comfortably in a Pullman with my three-year-old many years ago. 

I am 5'6, <200#, and I just couldn't fit comfortably on one of those lower single berths with my 4 yo. I can't imagine climbing up into a pullman with him and being comfy.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

Just now, Itchy&amp;Scratchy said:

I am 5'6 and when my kid was sick on a cruise and wanted to sleep in my lower berth, I had to climb into his pullman bed. That was painful. I am not a fit person.

So, while the kid loves pullman beds for now (he is 5'5 now, but will soon be 6'+, so we'll see about that), I prefer sofas for the ease of getting into.

That makes sense.  I just don't want the sofa not being able to be used, so the pullman will eliminate that problem.  He's young and in shape so I feel he'll be fine lol.  With three people we want to be able to use as much cabin space as possible.

• Like 1