Questions about discounts

Leejnd4

I’m getting ready to book a cruise for May 2025. I have a couple questions:

1) My husband is coming with me on this cruise. It will be his first time on Crystal. I’ve sailed Crystal before, but never with him—always with either my mother or friends. Will the Crystal Society discount only apply to my fare? Or will he get it too since we’re booking the cabin together?

2) We’re going to take advantage of the Explorer non-refundable fare. 20% is too good to pass up! If something catastrophic happens and we can’t go, I understand we can apply the cruise fare (minus an administrative fee) to a future cruise. Would we have to take that cruise in the year 2025? Or would we have a full year from the date of the cancelled cruise?

I’m trying to come up with a budget so this would be helpful. I would ask my TA but he’s off on a cruise right now and his back-up is super busy so I figured I’d bother you kind folks. 😁

2 minutes ago, Leejnd4 said:

I’m getting ready to book a cruise for May 2025. I have a couple questions:

1) My husband is coming with me on this cruise. It will be his first time on Crystal. I’ve sailed Crystal before, but never with him—always with either my mother or friends. Will the Crystal Society discount only apply to my fare? Or will he get it too since we’re booking the cabin together?

2) We’re going to take advantage of the Explorer non-refundable fare. 20% is too good to pass up! If something catastrophic happens and we can’t go, I understand we can apply the cruise fare (minus an administrative fee) to a future cruise. Would we have to take that cruise in the year 2025? Or would we have a full year from the date of the cancelled cruise?

I’m trying to come up with a budget so this would be helpful. I would ask my TA but he’s off on a cruise right now and his back-up is super busy so I figured I’d bother you kind folks. 😁

LeeAnne:

The Crystal Society discount will only apply to your fare.  

For Number 2 I read what they say as that it would have to be used on another cruise the same calendar year which to me is 2025.  I am not sure if you can call Crystal from where you are right now to verify this. Normally I would say have your TA contact them but I see you noted why that is a challenge right now.

Keith 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

LeeAnne:

The Crystal Society discount will only apply to your fare.  

For Number 2 I read what they say as that it would have to be used on another cruise the same calendar year which to me is 2025.  I am not sure if you can call Crystal from where you are right now to verify this. Normally I would say have your TA contact them but I see you noted why that is a challenge right now.

Keith 

Thanks Keith! I figured you’d know. 😁

I assumed the calendar-year answer was 2025 only. I needed to ensure my understanding was correct, as I want to include future replacement cruises as a contingency in my budget. 

Seems unfair to limit it to the same calendar year, tho. It’s great for anyone with a cruise booked for the early months, but what if your booked cruise is in December? Doesn’t seem right. 

Anyway, thanks! And yes, making calls from Mexico can be spotty. We just pulled into a new marina and haven’t fired up the Starlink yet, so I’m posting using the marina’s WiFi. Once we have Starlink going, I can do WiFi calling. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, docpetey said:

Keith Is crystal giving discount to society members from pre bankruptcy?

Yes - they recognise Crystal Society membership pre bankruptcy so you’ll receive the standard Crystal Society discount.

They also recognise milestone levels but they do not recognise awards earnt but unused from the era. But for example your tick over and achieved say 20th cruise milestone now you will receive the appropriate award for it 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, docpetey said:

Keith Is crystal giving discount to society members from pre bankruptcy?

Terry has it right.

I just wanted to add that on  mosts cruises at the present time it is 2.5%.

Keith 

I would like to know why they don't publish any information about the Crystal Society on their website.  That sounds to me like they have not decided on the milestone rewards, and they might not be the same as before???

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

I have been told by on board reps no decisions have yet been made regarding milestone awards. A work in progress. Like to hear if anyone knows different. 

We completed our 15th milestone on the first leg of a b2b in September 2023. While we were on our November cruise, Paula Jean, (Crystal rep) booked our California and Alaska cruises … we were awarded the following 15th milestone credits: $250.00 per person cruise discount and $220.00 per person private transfer allowance. Crystal applied $940.00 as a credit to our June/July 2024 cruises.  

• Like 6