The Regal last week was awesome!

Elizabeth K.

Host CJSKIDS
This post was recognized by Host CJSKIDS!

"Thank you for doing a great review and for posting in the review area!"

Elizabeth K. was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

I just posted a review on the review part of CC. We had a great time on her. I'm not sure what's with all the concerns. My sister and I got to sail on Oceania last year and felt pretty spoiled, so at times we would compare, until another in our party always brought us back to earth with his "what's not to like???"

I do wish the nickel and diming wasn't happening but it is probably here to stay. For example even with the Premium Package, the Crab Shack lunch wasn't included.

Here's a link to my review for anyone interested.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=712516

Edited by Elizabeth K.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the review. We were on the Regal the week before and had a very nice cruise.  My experience at Crown grill was the same as yours. I sprung for the upcharge for fillet and Lobster. I asked the waiter if the lobster was Spiny lobster or Maine lobster.  He said " yes it is the Main coarse". I ordered anyways hoping it was cold water lobster and it was. It was delicious. But when I dipped it into the drawn butter, the butter was cool along with a cold plate. I flagged down the waiter and asked him for some warm butter. He said " it is warm butter" and left. I survived.  Then on to my fillet mignon.  Now I know being from the Midwest I think I know my steaks.  This steak they served me was 1/2 inch thick and tasted like a sirloin like I think it was. (Nolan Ryan struck out with my streak).  But the lobster made up for the rest of the dinner. I have to tell you that the waiters I had in the main dinning room were ten times better than the ones I had in the specialty dinning. I even liked the food better in the main dinning room. 

I enjoyed Vines also, but it was hard to get waited on there because the overflow crowd from the Gelato stand were using up the Vines seating.