Horizon Havana Cabins

Looking to book a Havana Interior on the Horizon. The cabin is on deck 5 and we are concerned about the noise from the band in the Havana Bar at night. Has anyone stayed in one of these cabins? Also, does the band play past midnight?

We've done multiple trips in the Havana Insides.  Yes, you will hear some noise from the band.  The closer you are to the bandstand (which is about in the middle of the bar area), the more noise you will get.  The band stops at midnight.  We've never found the noise too bad, but I suppose it would depend on your personal taste, and your preferred sleep time.

• Like 1

They do NOT play past midnight. We have stayed in these on Vista class ships (Vista, Horizon and Panorama) 7 times (multiple locations, can give you cabin numbers if you would like).  There is some noise, but not bothersome in my opinion.   Best rooms on the ship.

• Like 4

Thanks. My only Havana experience was in a Havana Aft Balcony on I believe deck 7 on the Vista. There was no noise from the band at all.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2024 at 12:30 PM, TN Roz said:

Thanks. My only Havana experience was in a Havana Aft Balcony on I believe deck 7 on the Vista. There was no noise from the band at all.

Had one of those on hold and let it expire.  I was concerned about the No Shade and Soot problems I've heard about.  What was your experience on 7 Aft on Vista?  

We stayed in a Havana Inside cabin #5230 on the Panorama and yes we heard the band at night.  It wasn't too bad and mostly the thumping of the bass.   I loved the location of the cabin.  Easy access to the bar and Havana pool.  

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 10:57 PM, 80sGal said:

Had one of those on hold and let it expire.  I was concerned about the No Shade and Soot problems I've heard about.  What was your experience on 7 Aft on Vista?  

We did the corner room in 2019 and loved it. The deck was huge.  It does get full sun so just know that, you must wear shoes to walk on it. We didn't have any soot issues and we put our stuff out there to dry.  We did use it most during the evening and night not during full sun. In the morning I get up grab breakfast and find a shady spot in the Havana to start my day.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our experience was much the same as Jenjer. Very hot, no issues with soot. I think I would prefer the Havana Cabana over the aft balcony if pricing is similar.