Quick early morning question

Kane

It's been a few years since sailing Seabourn for us.  I'm an early riser and was unable to get coffee until the coffee bar opened at 6:30. 

It's not possible to use the in-suite gizmo early without earning an evil-eye from my dear spouse.  Other cruise lines have a 24x7 coffee machine somewhere.  Has this become available?

TIA

I don't think that there's a public coffee machine on Seabourn, at least I've never seen or heard of one.

You could get coffee through room service, perhaps a standing order for daily delivery at your choice of time. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kane said:

It's been a few years since sailing Seabourn for us.  I'm an early riser and was unable to get coffee until the coffee bar opened at 6:30. 

It's not possible to use the in-suite gizmo early without earning an evil-eye from my dear spouse.  Other cruise lines have a 24x7 coffee machine somewhere.  Has this become available?

TIA

I'm trying to remember, but I seem to recall that there is an early-riser coffee set-up in the Observation Bar on the ships. Best, jdk

Pity Seabourn does not given us the option to have a kettle in our room. Lots of cruise lines do this, it also helps with room service as people are prepared to brew their own tea in a morning.

It also means you get a fresh cup of tea or coffee and it will be hot.

Now waiting for all the brick bats to be thrown for suggesting such a thing. LOL!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In the fall we had a standing room service order for a pot of coffee (black -nothing else) for two at 6am. You could set your watch to the delivery each morning - and it was piping hot.

Best way to start the day (while I checked work emails from the prior day) 😔

We have done this on all our Seabourn sailings...never an issue

• Like 1

These days most hotels and many ships have coffee machines in their rooms and cabins.

It has been a bug bear of mine that Seabourn will only offer them in penthouse and above.

Personally I don’t like room service or going to O bar before I’ve had a shower and I’m afraid I really like a coffee before a shower.

We have diamond status and when we have sailed in veranda suite, I have asked for a coffee machine if there is one available. Sometimes I’ve been lucky but it always comes with a lecture about it being for penthouse and above.

Coffee available 6 am in the Obs bar on the regular ships, and in the Bow Lounge on the expedition ships.  (Better than in-room machine, if you have one, IMO.)

Sailed both Ovation (Norway) and Odyssey (Alaska) last summer slightly different experiences.

Ovation.  Seemingly in response to our midnight sun sailing the morning coffee bar got set up well before the official opening of 6 something AM, the self serve machine was set up first about 4:45 am.

Odyssey.  I struggled for coffee daily with the coffee bar routinely set up 15 or 20 minutes after the posted time.  Again a self serve machine appeared early, but wasn’t operable since it wasn’t filled with water.  After a few days of this someone (not I) brought a water bottle from the room, filled the machine, and invited us to make a cup, this brought a stern response from staff, “not allowed”, this went on a couple days after which the self serve machine never made another appearance.  I began phoning room service to have coffee delivered to the lounge, on the 4th day, after RS delivered coffee to about 15, they got a clue and started to get the coffee bar set up a bit earlier.

I find myself comparing these experiences to our just completed Viking Oceans cruises on which full featured coffee machines produced very acceptable espresso drinks 24 hours, a far superior option.

Every cruise line we have sailed on has imperfections.  Early coffee is Seabourn's.

Geezers like me have had to make adjustments to life over the years.  I suppose I should not be bitching about this minor irritation.