Another Flight Ease Question

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, alexandria said:

You are assuming that a passenger making their own flight arrangements book non-refundable fares and that they lack comprehensive travel insurance.

Flight Ease is not responsible to get you to the next port unless yoes ur flight is delayed or canceled in which case they will rebook you on a flight to your next port of call.  A good comprehensive travel insurance policy provides the same protection.

Yes on non-refundable fares.  Fully refundable fares are significantly more than refundable or Flight Ease fares and cannot believe anyone doing the comparison will pay the significant larger amount.

Flight Ease is responsible if flight is delayed plus they are responsible if the itinerary is changed and/or the starting and/or ending ports are changed or dates change.  Sincerely doubt any travel insurance will reimburse for the costs to meet the ship in another port but, even if they will, that would be an after cruise exercise and the passenger would need to make his or her own arrangements and payments to get to the next port.  With flight ease a phone call to them will make and pay for the arrangements to get to the ship if possible.

And if there are insurance policies with that feature, bet the price of the insurance would be exorbitant.  In any case there is more to figuring out how to book your air than the actual flights costs.  YMMV 

Edited by rallydave

18 hours ago, alexandria said:

A good comprehensive travel insurance policy provides the same protection.

Your experience with travel insurance sounds very different than mine. I was shocked at the fine print they were able to invoke to avoid making us whole over the summer. And this with Allianz, who is well regarded AFAIK. We would have been much better off with Flight Ease. 

On 4/18/2024 at 1:58 PM, rallydave said:

First your airline bookings are likely non-refundable from day one while with flight ease fully refundable until final payment plus and a big plus in these days of itinerary changes

This may be correct if you are expecting a refund back in cash to your form of payment.  But for most USA airlines, you can get a full refund in the form of an airline credit.  Which us travelers can likely use without trouble.

And not clear what that has to do with "itinerary changes".  If talking cruise itineraries, you can usually make a change in your flights to fit the new ports.

with flight ease Seabourn has to make the required flight changes at no cost to you while with the non0refundable flights booked direct, those changes come out of your pocket.

And you would have zero control over what Seabourn would now give you.

Also with flight ease if you somehow miss your cruise, flight ease is responsible  to get you to the next port while with the airlines that is your issue and out of pocket.

Check the actual T&C.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for fun I looked up the flights I booked on Flightease for an upcoming cruise, arriving in Lisbon 3 days early and leaving Stockholm 3 days after we get off the Quest.

Business on Flightease was ~$3700, when I booked the cruise, quite a bit in advance, much better than I could get booking on line, and I couldn’t do it with miles, so I grabbed it, knowing I didn’t have to pay until final payment.No transfers included as we’re going early and staying late.

Kept she king to see if I could get a better deal. Price for the same flights a few months later was ~&6000 each. Flightease price held firm.  Felt smug.

Today’s online price: ~$10,500 each

what a world, what a world

Linda

• Like 3