Questions about Marella.

Hi there

As a new cruiser to Marella I was wondering if anybody could answer a couple of questions. As it’s all inclusive can you order more than one drink from the bar? Sometimes on a hot day I can easily knock back a couple of pints! Can I order two or have I got to get in line again?

I often like to take a couple of drinks back to the room and sit on the balcony, is this allowed? Are there fridge’s in the cabins on discovery 2?
Finally what costs are involved with the speciality dining? I love a steak and a hot curry! I’m looking at an Asia cruise in 2025.

Any tips, menus and advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

i have ordered two beers on one occasion.  It was allowed but I could see the barman struggle with it.   I ordered two bottles as what I wanted was a pint but the kegs were out.

That said there is beer in the buffet in large ice containers and there is no-one to stop you taking what you want.

You can take drinks to your room no issues.  Most of the fridges are gone in Discover 2.  Some of the balconys still have them.

The speciality dining for the steak restaurant is around £30.

We've just got back off Explorer, Koran La (Asian) was £27.50 per person, and Surf and Turf was £33.50 per person.

Had a fabulous meal in both restaurants. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from Fascinating Far East cruise on Discovery 2. You will love your cruise on Marella. No problem ordering multiply drinks and treat yourself to Kora La and Surf and Turf - fantastic dining and service.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/16/2024 at 12:42 PM, Capt Pugwash said:

Just returned from Fascinating Far East cruise on Discovery 2. You will love your cruise on Marella. No problem ordering multiply drinks and treat yourself to Kora La and Surf and Turf - fantastic dining and service.

Captain - did you find it difficult getting visas - I’m thinking of doing this trip in 2026. And did you need any vaccinations ?

hope it’s ok to jump in on this thread with my question.

Edited by paulatsea

Hi Paulatsea - you wont have any problem getting the Singapore entry card. You do it on-line 72 hours before the day of entry. I'm a techno-dinosaur  but found it extremely simple to do. You get the visa via email within minutes of completion. Hope this helps?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Capt Pugwash said:

Hi Paulatsea - you wont have any problem getting the Singapore entry card. You do it on-line 72 hours before the day of entry. I'm a techno-dinosaur  but found it extremely simple to do. You get the visa via email within minutes of completion. Hope this helps?

Thanks 🙏 what about the other countries ? Do Marella tell you what you need to do ?

Edited by paulatsea

Nothing required for the other countries as Marella sort it. You will have to renew your Singapore entry card each time you return. If you use the Singapore app to register before you go on holiday, it is really simply to update each time you return to Singapore. 

• Thanks 1

I had Typhoid & Hep A vaccinations as recommended by my surgery.

Just a point to note for some people, if you are travelling on an Irish passport you will need a full visa for Vietnam. 

• Thanks 1