How Early to Book.

We’re looking at Panama Canal. Grandeur. 
Jan 2025 is waitlisted so we’re considering 01/2026.

Concierge Cabin. 2 people. How far should we book? I was surprised that the ship is waitlisted a year away. 
2 years seems like a very long time,we generally don’t book more than about 15/18 months out. I realise everyone’s comfort level is subjective, but is it normal that ships get waitlisted a year out. 
Thank you. 

3 hours ago, dock said:

We’re looking at Panama Canal. Grandeur. 
Jan 2025 is waitlisted so we’re considering 01/2026.

I believe you've answered your own question.  I can't comment on all itineraries, but I believe what you have realized is the norm.

We booked the 01/25/2026 Grandeur cruise on 06/21/2023.  Booking early will afford you choice of category and suite location that may not be available at a later date.

• Thanks 1

It has been our experience that waitlists generally clear. My guess is that folks who book on board for a smaller deposit, go ahead and reserve a spot. When it comes time to make payments, they frequently drop.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I book early to get the suite I prefer and at a lower price.  Regent seems to increase prices every three months.

Some cruisers will put down a $1000 deposit for a particular level of suite.  Often it will become available after final payments are due.

Edited by NCCruzQueen
  • Thanks 1

For us suite category, location, and cost are important.  When there are sales, our TA has been able to take advantage of them for us if they make sense.

If the above three factors are not important and you're willing to deal with what may or may not become available due to cancelations at final payment, by all means go for it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.

Have decided to book 01/26 PC. 
Decided on a Concierge Category E. 

Is this a good starting point, size wise for a Regent cabin?
I like the bed facing the ocean and the early booking option for dining and I figure a night precruise in Miami can add up at that time of the year, so it made sense to book this category. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dock said:

There is a lot of space in the Superior/Concierge suites on the Explorer/Splendor, and I assume Grandeur. I like layouts better in those than in Penthouse suites on the newer ships. There are definitely more usable and convenient drawers, and there are shelves next to both sinks in the bathroom. The living room area is very big and mostly empty. Ask for an extra chair when you board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, RELS said:

There is a lot of space in the Superior/Concierge suites on the Explorer/Splendor, and I assume Grandeur. I like layouts better in those than in Penthouse suites on the newer ships. There are definitely more usable and convenient drawers, and there are shelves next to both sinks in the bathroom. The living room area is very big and mostly empty. Ask for an extra chair when you board.

Asking for an extra chair is a great idea. I never thought of that.

2 hours ago, dock said:

Have decided to book 01/26 PC. 

We've cruised on six Regent cruises and always in a Concierge E.  Excellent suite for us.

We're booked on B2B cruises beginning with the January 25th sailing of the Grandeur embarking in LA.  Is that the one you booked?

We’ve booked 03 Jan’26.

Not retired yet so cannot do the 16/17 day cruises. We will debark in Panama City, and spend  a couple days. 

Celebrity Refugees, exploring other options. 
Have an O cruise on Vista this summer and Prima to Iceland in ‘25.

Will still cruise Edge class if it’s just in the Caribbean and  looking for some sun, RCL with the family in ‘25  , but we’re aging out of only big ship cruising.

• Like 1