Summer 2026 Cruises Release & Free Child Spots

KS91

Hi all,

Does anyone know when summer 2026 cruises on P&O are released? Are there usually a limited number of free child spaces? 

6 hours ago, KS91 said:

Hi all,

Does anyone know when summer 2026 cruises on P&O are released? Are there usually a limited number of free child spaces? 

As you have not had a reply yet I can tell you that we booked a summer 2025 cruise when those cruises were released last year.  Our P&O confirmation is dated 29th April 2023, so if they keep to a similar time of year, that could mean a late April release date.  That cannot be totally relied on of course, so best to keep an eye out for them.  They normally publish the itineraries a short while before the cruises are released.

I have no idea about child places.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 10:44 AM, AchileLauro said:

Do they still offer free child places?

Not that I've been looking but haven't noticed them for quite some time.

Bit of a late reply so not sure if still helpful but when 2025 released it was with third & fourth go free including some limited school holiday dates. It wasn't even limited to children, any 3rd/4th pax. For example in April 2023 I booked a suite on Arvia for 2 weeks for Easter School Holidays 2025 with my mother and son included free as 3rd/4th pax. I think the offer ended fairly quickly.

34 minutes ago, Becksi said:

Bit of a late reply so not sure if still helpful but when 2025 released it was with third & fourth go free including some limited school holiday dates. It wasn't even limited to children, any 3rd/4th pax. For example in April 2023 I booked a suite on Arvia for 2 weeks for Easter School Holidays 2025 with my mother and son included free as 3rd/4th pax. I think the offer ended fairly quickly.

Thank you. Yes, i’m hoping that’s the case when 26 summer gets released. I’ve been trying to hunt down a date so I can jump straight on it and check when it is released! ☺️

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KS91 said:

Thank you. Yes, i’m hoping that’s the case when 26 summer gets released. I’ve been trying to hunt down a date so I can jump straight on it and check when it is released! ☺️

If you are hoping to get something that has a very limited availability, I suggest you pre register with a big cruise agent once pre registrations are available, as they can get bookings very soon after the cruises are released, some have computer systems in place to assist with that.  P&O tend to announce the dates when cruses will be released at least a few days before pre registrations can be taken.  You could contact an agent now and ask to be on their mailing list, as well as keeping an eye out for anything mentioned on these boards or by P&O.

As I said previously, if similar to last year, they will go on sale sometime in April as that is when our booking was confirmed for summer 2025 (and same mentioned by Becksi)  No one will know the exact dates for this year until they are officially announced

There will be a lead in to when the cruises are published and pre registration is possible, so nothing will become available to book all of a sudden.  The release of bookings are usually split into different date ranges, with the earlier ones on sale a day or so earlier than the others.  The high level Peninsula club members (Caribbean and above) are given an earlier date again. when only they can book.  Hence a number of bookings will have taken taken place before the cruises go on general sale to other people.  An agent will be poised to reserve your booking early morning of the date your chosen cruise is available for you to book, though they do not contact people they have booked for until later in the day, when they confirm payment and  cabin number allocated (they will have asked you to give them a range of cabin numbers which you would be happy with when you pre register).

Edited by tring

Worth searching various big cruise agents online as you may find one which deals with a lot of P&O bookings, we cannot mention specific agents on here.