Another Silver Spirits question

PRH

We’ve always gotten the SSP for our Ocean cruises.  We are trying to decide whether to do it for an upcoming transatlantic.  Here is the question, if you delay purchasing it to evaluate and then decide to purchase, do previous drinks roll into that purchase?  I know the charge is retroactive to boarding but are charges for drinks rolled into that as well?  Has anyone made a later decision to purchase and if so, how were drink charges prior to that handled? Thanks.

2 minutes ago, duquephart said:

Viking isn't very good at giving money back.

Except that yesterday we cancelled 2 excursions for our cruise next month and the money is already back in our account.  But, off-topic....of course.😇

42 minutes ago, PRH said:

We’ve always gotten the SSP for our Ocean cruises.  We are trying to decide whether to do it for an upcoming transatlantic.  Here is the question, if you delay purchasing it to evaluate and then decide to purchase, do previous drinks roll into that purchase?  I know the charge is retroactive to boarding but are charges for drinks rolled into that as well?  Has anyone made a later decision to purchase and if so, how were drink charges prior to that handled? Thanks.

It's an interesting question, but if I were to look at it from Viking's perspective, I might get to Day 14 and decide I could save money by buying the SSBP.  I doubt they would let me do that.  Although, looking at the "rules", I can't see anything that says I have to buy it before a certain point.  I will be interested to see if anyone here has tried to do this.

Personally, if I thought it was going to be a close call, I would just buy it and forget about it.  One less stressor on a holiday.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

If I recall, you can purchase it onboard on the first day (maybe Day 2?) and any drink orders will be included. It’s a short grace period.

Do you purchase it from a bartender? Are they incentivized for selling them?

6 minutes ago, Cruisin4ABruisen said:

Do you purchase it from a bartender? Are they incentivized for selling them?

You can purchase SSBP on My Viking Journey up to 1 week before boarding or at Guest Services after you board.

• Like 1

Or from a Bartender as you order your first drink.

One Sixty to one is correct as far as purchasing it.

Not sure why you need to delay the purchase, if you have done it before.

It's a transatlantic, with many sea days......need anyone say more?