New to ACL

I am interested in booking a couple of cruises on American Cruise Lines but I am wondering if they are good for people who use rollators (walkers) or scooters.  Can anyone provide information on that please?

Yes, many of their passengers use walkers and wheelchairs and they are very good at helping them. One suggestion, take one of the newer ships with TWO elevators. Some of the older ships have only one elevator and they are very small and very very slow.

2 hours ago, BaumD said:

Yes, many of their passengers use walkers and wheelchairs and they are very good at helping them. One suggestion, take one of the newer ships with TWO elevators. Some of the older ships have only one elevator and they are very small and very very slow.

Thank you.  I would love to do the Columbia and Snake River cruise as well as the Canada/New England one.

ACL is very good about having ample employees to assist with getting on/off the ship for excursions.  They have plenty of golf carts to transport you to the bus for excursions.  The bus has a step stool with wonderful drivers that help you aboard.  The first few seats are reserved for those needing assistance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JanetMarie said:

ACL is very good about having ample employees to assist with getting on/off the ship for excursions.  They have plenty of golf carts to transport you to the bus for excursions.  The bus has a step stool with wonderful drivers that help you aboard.  The first few seats are reserved for those needing assistance.

Thank you so much for that information.  I’m going to look into taking a cruise with them.

Keep in mind that the jet boat all day excursion on the upper Snake River would be difficult as the lunch stop requires an uphill travel on fairly difficult terrain.  The lower section of the Snake is onboard the cruise ship so fine to Clarkston.