Ten Titillating Emerald Tidbits

bobpell

14 days finishing March 6, 2024

1...Ensconced  in Riviera deck underneath Lido. Rolling thunder from above starting at 6am

2... Terrace pool had cold fresh water, netted over on day 11 because of chemicals added

3...Total power failure ship wide on day 2 for 20 minutes. Very very quiet except from those in the elevators!!

4...Balcony doors slide open. On HAL they open outwards causing many to SLAM Shut!!

5...Four production shows in Princess Theatre. Premier package owners had blue covered seats to use until 5 min. before show time.

6...Curacao had 2 golf carts to propel interested guests the 1 mile to town. Aruba had none for the same distance.

7...Port side balconies faced the docks and town accept in Fort Lauderdale

8...2.5 laps of Promenade deck equals 1 mile. Fairly wide in spots with uncushioned chaise lounger

9...Final day lunch in the busy Marketplace had fresh sushi and incredible cakes. 

10... Had a great cruise on a full ship. Reports of 8 kids onboard. 

We abandoned HAL and jumped ship to Princess last Nov. and hope to enjoy many voyages on a line that continues to stage live acts go out for more than 10 days.

I have to go now to start my diet

Bob

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

I love your thread title!! The Emerald is a great ship and we are looking forward to sailing on her again later this year for our Canada/New England cruise. I can't imagine how scary it must have been for the passengers stuck in the elevator during the power outage - that is one of my daughter's biggest phobias and to this day she goes out of her way to use stairs anywhere she goes. 

Glad you had a great cruise - thank you for sharing your comments!

Fresh sushi and beautiful uncut cakes (until lots of pictures were taken) were for sure available the last sea day.

Once the presented sushi is gone it is not replaced apparently, so get to the Marketplace for lunch at 11:30

Enjoy drinks at the Outriggers bar aft, made by Sujiun and (choke the chicken) Igede. Best bartenders on the ship IMO

Bob

17 minutes ago, bobpell said:

Fresh sushi and beautiful uncut cakes (until lots of pictures were taken) were for sure available the last sea day.

Once the presented sushi is gone it is not replaced apparently, so get to the Marketplace for lunch at 11:30

Enjoy drinks at the Outriggers bar aft, made by Sujiun and (choke the chicken) Igede. Best bartenders on the ship IMO

Bob

Thank you for the further details, I have already bookmarked Marketplace at 11:30 the last day!

We were on the same cruise - our third on the Emerald in the past year.  I think the engine shutting down (and the lights going off for a short time) was the top of the list for us - and we thought the engine shut down a few other times briefly.  But it was a great cruise regardless.