QM2 Cabins

Hoveto

Has anyone got pictures of cabins 8013, 8014, 8109 or 8110. Wondered what the obstruction is like. Also which are the better single cabins - deck 2 or 3? Thanking you in advance.

For your second question, deck 3 is the better set of cabins. The room is long rather than deep so the bed has plenty of space around it. It's also got much better window arrangement - 2 windows. Deck 2 has very high ceilings so it feels quite spacious. Both have better bathrooms than anything up to Grills.

Thank all of you for your replies. It is very useful and much appreciated. Looking to book a long voyage and was unsure what to go for. Even considering a sheltered balcony. All singles already sold.

• Like 1

Singles often sell out quick, but may reappear when the deposit-only period runs out (depends on market but typically 90 days before departure). I'm a big fan of sheltered balconies, but it depends on the itinenary - if it's a crossing, for example, I would always prefer sheltered to obstructed - you can be outside in pretty rough conditions.

• Like 2

And if you book one of those obstructed views that is only partially obstructed, make sure to specify "No Upgrades".

Theoretically you could be upgraded from DF to DC or DC to DB and you could end up with a very obstructed view.

We have been in both 11005 and 11007.They are situated between two sets of lifts and stairs, but not too far to walk.The balcony is great, but there is what is called an “overhang “.It doesn’t stop your view , but it does interfere with photos.It is the walkway from the above deck.We never heard any noise ever!,Another thing is it does stop the sun, but as we spend plenty of time elsewhere on the ship it wasn’t a problem. Still lovely to sit early morning before breakfast and in the evening for sunset.We must have been happy to book similar again.

Not sure how far the overhang goes, but I’m sure someone else does..

• Like 1

My sincere apologies MOH has corrected me this morning.We were in 11105 and 11107 as described.Our friends were in Princess grill on deck 10 ,11005 and their view was wonderful.Once again my apologies.

• Like 1

Thank you @Millieloulou that's really helpful to know.  I never thought about an overhang from above, but I suppose you would be able to sit outside in the rain (if you really wanted to!).  I love watching the sunset so will be happy if I can sit on my balcony doing that 🙂

• 2 weeks later...