TxTeach79's Norwegian Sun Spring Break Shorty LIVE - 3/13/24

The whole Great Outdoors Is closed for maintenance. Big lines on both sides of Garden Cafe for lunch. Buffet here is small and limited and kind of an afterthought tbh

IMG_7341.thumb.jpeg.53ab9ef19424faa18c93630fda00017c.jpeg

• Like 7

Lifeguard just yelled at people for having drinks in their hands while sitting on the edge of the pool. Again, I’ve never seen this on any other line. They’re plastic cups. I don’t get it. 

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Lifeguard just yelled at people for having drinks in their hands while sitting on the edge of the pool. Again, I’ve never seen this on any other line. They’re plastic cups. I don’t get it. 

MSC did the same thing to us. We were in the Yacht Club hot tub with plastic cups but they made us sit them by our lounge chairs, not even to the side of the hot tub. We didn’t understand it either. 

We never disembark in Freeport either. Maybe cruise lines should skip this stop. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pcrum said:

MSC did the same thing to us. We were in the Yacht Club hot tub with plastic cups but they made us sit them by our lounge chairs, not even to the side of the hot tub. We didn’t understand it either. 

We never disembark in Freeport either. Maybe cruise lines should skip this stop. 

so weird. At least here it’s okay if it’s off to the side of the pool, but you can’t have a drink in your hands if you’re so much as soaking your feet in the pool. On Carnival and Princess in the last few months, I’ve had bar waiters literally come up to the edge of the pool to get me more drinks. Just weird. 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

This… wasn’t great. I nibbled. The chunks of Brie were the best part. But it’s the only food option on the ship for a few hours, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_7346.thumb.jpeg.eddfaa9d0e0525e1a92b27f68e32c97d.jpeg

IMG_7347.thumb.png.e2b3ff0305393a6f3be628c93b62c56e.png

Edited by TxTeach79
  • Like 7

The only real “activity” going on right now is. Spider man movie in Bliss with two people in attendance, so I’m gonna go relax in the room for a little while 

• Like 4

@TxTeach79 While you're relaxing in your room, I want to send you a giant thank you for spending the time and effort to bring us along.  I enjoy reading your live reports immensely.

Thanks!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JGmf said:

@TxTeach79 While you're relaxing in your room, I want to send you a giant thank you for spending the time and effort to bring us along.  I enjoy reading your live reports immensely.

Thanks!

thanks!! I really appreciate that. It’s actually a lot of fun to do and look back on… and I love interacting with everyone along the way!

• Like 14

57 minutes ago, ggooglyboogly said:

I really appreciate how you approach cruising....this clearly isn't the best food / service you've had, but you're still making the most of it 

thanks!! I’ve been doing this long enough to manage expectations - it’s a 4 day on a small 26 year old ship, it’s going to be a certain experience - but I’m still really enjoying myself!

• Like 15

Incredibly rare moment - the bar is empty but for me!!! Bars have been slammed two deep for so much of the trip, but I’ve found me a little breezy oasis!

IMG_7360.thumb.jpeg.a73896d3d8d4eae630201add7fb4bb37.jpeg

• Like 13