Wet cleaning?

Sweetpea711423

Hi.  I’m going to ask a stupid question, but am hopeful that someone can help with this.

Does Cunard (specifically Queen Mary 2) have “wet cleaning” onboard?  Has anyone ever used it?  If so, how was it?  What kind of things did you have wet cleaned?  How does it compare to dry cleaning on land?  I've been leery about trying it on other ships for fear that it would ruin my clothes.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

We used it for wool trousers and wool tux pants. On two QE cruises.   The trousers were sent on both cruises!  I think it was better than the dry cleaning we have at home. Honestly. I’m not getting paid for this.🤣

I am careful to say, wool, because other fabrics might react differently than wool. I have no clue.  I’m just really pleased with how my husband’s trousers came out when he had made a mess of things at dinner!

• Like 1

I bought a new ivory tux from ebay for £60, which looked as if it had been in a stockroom for years. It was a bit dusty. It is 55% polyester 45% wool and specifies dry clean only. I knew it would be much cheaper to have it cleaned on QM2 than dry cleaned in France. I left it out for cabin stewardess on first evening with a note requesting cleaning. It was returned early next evening looking perfect. Inside pocket linings were still a bit damp but I didn't plan to use it for a couple of days so it had plenty of time to dry.

In 2006 we had a satin gown cleaned on another ship using the same process without any problem. The dress had asymmetric stitching around the bodice. It was then cleaned by a dry cleaners in Scotland before we left using a chemical process and we didn't notice until long after we moved that the bodice seams had shrunk in different directions and it was completely out of shape.