Le Voyage vs. Dinner on the Edge

Super27

We are doing our first Edge-class cruise on Beyond in late August. It's an 8-day ABC itinerary, and we want to do two specialty dining nights. We really liked the menu for the steakhouse, so I'm thinking that's a must-do. I also booked Dinner on the Edge because it would be a new experience for us (and only available on that class of ship), but now I'm second-guessing myself and eyeing Le Voyage. I'm definitely a foodie and very intrigued by the menu...my S/O however, is a little less adventurous (although I'm working on expanding her culinary horizons 😁), and I feel like she'd probably end up just getting a filet. 

Prices are fairly comparable...any strong recommendations between these two? I'm thinking Dinner on the Edge sounds like an amazing experience, but maybe I'm just buying into the hype. Would love to hear from anyone who has tried either or both!

Posted (edited)

On Ascent we liked the menu  and food at Fine Cut but it's a steakhouse menu..   Our favorite was EDEN by far ..! I'd swap Fine Cut for EDEN..Great food and service  but cutting edge too.

Have not eaten at either of your 2 choices..but on ASCENT Le Voyage was inside..looked very posh! 

Dinner on the EDGE is out on the Maguc Carpet so it could be breezy out there   even in port 

..Not sure  of the Menus but D ON   E might  offer fewer choices???

Hope others fill in the blanks.

Enjoy!

Edited by hcat

The Menu selection on Dinner on the Edge is usually nothing special and somewhow a combination of MDR and Chef'sTable quality. It's more about the atmosphere, but then again it could be windy or even cancelled last minute due to weather. I would rather go for Le Voyage and Magic Carpet you can enjoy on most days for drinks anyhow.

We did Eden and La Voyage on Beyond last October.  The food and atmosphere in La Voyage was far better.  Best food we’ve ever had on a cruise ship.  Service was incredible!

We also did dinner at both Le Voyage and Eden on the Beyond January. Both were fantastic (we consider ourselves foodies). I liked Le Voyage a little better but my wife preferred Eden. You can’t go wrong with either. We didn’t consider Fine Cut, as we’re from Chicago area and have great steakhouses.