NCL Pearl Venice to Athens - Drop Off Bags and Misc Questions never sailed NCL before

• We are on a cruise in August and will be staying in Venice a couple of days and then traveling via private transfers from Venice to the Port Trieste approx two hour drive, can anyone tell me what time we can drop off our luggage at the port? as we want to explore the town before our sailing at 8pm (need to be onboard by 6pm).

• Do NCL ships have Stevia? 

• Do the balcony cabins have USB or plug points by the beds?

• Are you allowed to bring your own hairdryer? or are their hairdryers good for thick hair?

Thanks in advance.🥰

i dont think there is any where to safely drop off your luggage until just before the ship is ready for boarding, and the porters are at the pier, usually about 11 am but dont hold me to  it. there are outlets by the bed in some cabins, but a few years ago we were on the bliss in the club balcony, and i needed and extension cord as the ports were by the tv.  also to be safe, bring an adapter from 220 to 110

every cabin has a hair dryer, and you are not allowed to bring your own on board.

sorry, i dont really know what stevia is (unless its a sweetener) in that case ive never noticed one way or the other.

here's an idea for you. we did the same thing a few years ago. stayed in venice for a few days prior. ( you must get on a gondola if youve never been) and have a cappuccino at st marks square) there is  also a very nice ferry ride you can take from the train that will take you to moreno glass factory, boreno where there are hand made linen shops ,and a very nice little town, and one more stop at a little town whose name  is tortello. the tour was abut 25 euros. my friend who agreed to join us kicking and screaming, had the best time of the  of us.we had previously arranged  a shuttle to take us to trieste the day before sailing, we stayed at the double tree hilton, in a very nice location to walk around. next morning we had an ncl bus pick everyone sailing and took us to the pier.,I think it was about 11. we checked in, had lunch, and then my wife and our frequent traveling companion got back off the ship, and went on a small sightseeing, walking tour. our bags were delivered to our cabin a few hrs later.

regardless of how you do it, we loved venice , and treiste was beautiful. 

bon voyage

You can drop off your luggage at the embarkation point but you do not have to get on the ship, you can go and tour the city.

I saw artificial sweetener but did not take note of the brand.

You are not supposed to use your own hair dryer but many do.

No USB by the beds.

In Venice you can take the Vaporetta (water bus) all over the city and out to Murano and Burano.They are small islands easily walkable and the glass places and lace shops are all free. No guides needed. The Vaporetto can also be used to go the entire length of the Grand Canal. It is cheap. https://venicelover.com/transport.html?gad_source=1

Also, if you do not want to pay the 100 or so euros for a Gondola ride, there is a traghetto gondola. https://www.ourescapeclause.com/gondola-traghetto-venice/

Posted (edited)

Yes there are USB ports in the bedside lights. Check out this useful video 

The link won’t post, but if you Google ‘Norwegian Pearl Balcony Room Tour, Tips & Hacks’ on YouTube videos, there is an excellent video of balcony rooms (9100) on NCL Pearl 

Edited by Lobbylin

There is no Stevia/Monkfruit.  They still use Splenda and whatever the blue one is called.  I would suggest bring your own natural sweetener packets.  You can buy individual packets in some grocery stores.

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2024 at 9:06 AM, complawyer said:

i dont think there is any where to safely drop off your luggage until just before the ship is ready for boarding, and the porters are at the pier, usually about 11 am but dont hold me to  it. there are outlets by the bed in some cabins, but a few years ago we were on the bliss in the club balcony, and i needed and extension cord as the ports were by the tv.  also to be safe, bring an adapter from 220 to 110

every cabin has a hair dryer, and you are not allowed to bring your own on board.

sorry, i dont really know what stevia is (unless its a sweetener) in that case ive never noticed one way or the other.

here's an idea for you. we did the same thing a few years ago. stayed in venice for a few days prior. ( you must get on a gondola if youve never been) and have a cappuccino at st marks square) there is  also a very nice ferry ride you can take from the train that will take you to moreno glass factory, boreno where there are hand made linen shops ,and a very nice little town, and one more stop at a little town whose name  is tortello. the tour was abut 25 euros. my friend who agreed to join us kicking and screaming, had the best time of the  of us.we had previously arranged  a shuttle to take us to trieste the day before sailing, we stayed at the double tree hilton, in a very nice location to walk around. next morning we had an ncl bus pick everyone sailing and took us to the pier.,I think it was about 11. we checked in, had lunch, and then my wife and our frequent traveling companion got back off the ship, and went on a small sightseeing, walking tour. our bags were delivered to our cabin a few hrs later.

regardless of how you do it, we loved venice , and treiste was beautiful. 

bon voyage

We are spending a few days in Venice prior to the cruise and then traveling to Trieste the day before the cruise, staying at the Doubletree.  We had booked a private transfer from Venice thru Viator and they just cancelled on us!  We’d be interested in any advice you can offer on transfers and would also be open to sharing Venice to Trieste transport if you are interested.  Regardless, your advice and wisdom would be much appreciated. If private email is better we are at mtellis@aol.com.

1 hour ago, Jan&MikeE said:

We are spending a few days in Venice prior to the cruise and then traveling to Trieste the day before the cruise, staying at the Doubletree.  We had booked a private transfer from Venice thru Viator and they just cancelled on us!  We’d be interested in any advice you can offer on transfers and would also be open to sharing Venice to Trieste transport if you are interested.  Regardless, your advice and wisdom would be much appreciated. If private email is better we are at mtellis@aol.com.

We took a train between Venice and Trieste. It was very simple and took a bit over two hours.