Yacht Club vs Regent Grandeur

8 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Yes. DW now does not have to go up to deck 12 to do her laps. Her pedometer does not know the difference.

Looks perfect.Love the overhang for shade

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Fissues said:

Ha! Thanks for the videos. 
Now you’ll never get away. We know what you look like!

Rather sporty and handsome. 

Oh no !  I try hard to be incognito. Now when I get a drink poured in my face or lap or from above it won't be an accident.

P.S. Thanks for the compliment, but I tend to believe 4 year olds are better judges of looks. Their word for me still resonants, "Porky".

Edited by morpheusofthesea
P.S.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fogfog said:

I'd use the tequilla to wipe things down instead of drinking it after learning the hard way in more than once

El Agave in San Diego's Old Town has over 2,000 different kinds of tequila. It wasn't until my DW got her job in San Diego some 16 years ago and we bought our home in Coronado that I learned how to drink and appreciate tequila.

https://elagave.com/tequila-museum/

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KeepCalmBearOn said:

El Agave in San Diego's Old Town has over 2,000 different kinds of tequila. It wasn't until my DW got her job in San Diego some 16 years ago and we bought our home in Coronado that I learned how to drink and appreciate tequila.

https://elagave.com/tequila-museum/

I know this to be true-- whether grappa, scotch, tequila

Have a friend whose drink is fine tequila. Total respect for her and her knowledge

When adding to our bar set up-- I have to research, as I don't have 'go -to's" at my fingertips. 

I should probably do that and add to a list/pdf etc so that ifkyk list is correct. Understand like others, mixing vs straight, temperature etc matters.

TYVM for the link

• Like 1

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I try hard to be incognito.

Did you realize that your name is on the laundry images?

(At least one of us had already figured it out from that other social media site though. LOL)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Did you realize that your name is on the laundry images?

(At least one of us had already figured it out from that other social media site though. LOL)

i do not have my glasses on when taking photos and videos....so much for" the best laid schemes of mice and (me)." Robert Burns.   

• Haha 1

As nice as everything is on Grandeur, there are trade offs. We have been spoiled by the entertainment we have come to expect on the MSC Seaships. Sure I have 'panned' (criticized) the Madison/Chora Theatre productions when I was on board those ships. At the time I was comparing these more recent productions with the old cast with the Italian tenors and the sopranos with operatic voices that garnered standing ovations every show. Today it's which line has the least mediocre. Tonight is the one show of the same comedian. Did not wish to sit around for an hour and half waiting to be disappointed. Nothing to listen or go and see until this show. Sat for a few minutes waiting for 8:30 St. Patrick's day hour sing along, got up and walked over to the Observation Lounge, no pianist on duty yet.. Just saying there are trade offs. 

3 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

As nice as everything is on Grandeur, there are trade offs.

I went through a period where I liked smaller ships, Regent, Oceania, etc, but after I'd been on a couple of the mega-ships, when I tried to go back to small, I found myself missing the entertainment, the large variety of restaurants and I found myself really liking causal (shorts) almost any time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KeepCalmBearOn said:

I went through a period where I liked smaller ships, Regent, Oceania, etc, but after I'd been on a couple of the mega-ships, when I tried to go back to small, I found myself missing the entertainment, the large variety of restaurants and I found myself really liking causal (shorts) almost any time.

This is what we are discovering minus the shorts. Haven't owned a pair of shorts since grade school.

• Like 1

We are not big gastronomes. Plain food with no salt, a piece of chocolate cake, an apple crumble or piece of apple pie and  we are fine. Finding these restaurants the sides are all pre-prepared. So another aspect we miss is the MSC Yacht Club dedicated YC Restaurant which caters to only its suite class. Ask for steamed vegetables, soft, with no salt and receive same. Apple pie or Grandma's chocolate cake always on the menu. Regent restaurants are as is, just able to choose how cooked. DW can get her plain grilled chicken breast every evening, but not her meringues or steamed vegetables with no salt. (I don't really mind a little salt, a little flavor, a little pizzaz in my meal as I don't get any at home). But I do not rule the roost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"Plain food with no salt, a piece of chocolate cake, an apple crumble or piece of apple pie and  we are fine."

Don't forget the gruel. Cruise gruel is the best!

hungry-please-sir-may-i-have-some-more.gif.744b3a1ae5402721f8a4ff77710589d5.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One of the many buffets on board. Notice that the tongs and spoons are laying on top of the food and not even on a plate in front of every item.This was early before the buffet opens. The same is typical of most buffets, except MSC Explora 1. No self serve at all at their buffet. Something the entire industry should follow.

This may be nitpicking, but taking a shower is reminiscent of the old days when someone on the ship flushes a toilet and one is blasted with a spirt of scalding water. I guess it is now considered a water saving device to jump in and quickly jump out before another toilet flushes.

• Haha 2

The showers in MSC YC seashore had both rain heads and hand helds. 

So nice

We also recently sailed YC on Divina and the tub was great

11 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

This may be nitpicking, but taking a shower is reminiscent of the old days when someone on the ship flushes a toilet and one is blasted with a spirt of scalding water. I guess it is now considered a water saving device to jump in and quickly jump out before another toilet flushes.

Not nitpicking at all.

For the prices charged by Regent, a thermally-stable shower should be assured.

I have never had an MSC shower go cold or hot, in or out of YC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

The showers in MSC YC seashore had both rain heads and hand helds. 

So nice

We also recently sailed YC on Divina and the tub was great

Yes. The shower in that respect have both hand held and small overhead rainfall type. MSC Seaships are better and plumbing is better, not getting that spirt of scalding water. On Seaships I am able to shampoo, rinse, shampoo again.

Sailed Regent years ago.

We  had 3 cabins with our boys sandwiched between us and my late MiL.

Had the balconies opened up for one long veranda which was lovely as it was an inner passage sailing. 

Our suite was lovely. Just the walk in closet alone was amazing.

I recall some of the things re evenings as you mentioned

We did go to a private party in someone's very large suite in which one of the officers came. I think too we did a bridge tour - yet this was back in the day and perhaps easier to come by

Can say our boys had the cabin next to us and made great use of room service for pizza, burgers, ice cream etc. 

Have vivid memories about getting into and out of that tub ! Ha

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, no1talks said:

Not nitpicking at all.

Well, since I have at least one simpatico on Cruise Critic., I'll bring up another difference. Having gotten off a 14 day cruise on Seascape a several (6) weeks ago, DW noticed she was able to sleep without waking with leg cramps. I took pictures of the mattress tags on Seascape. (The matresses are as much as another cruise). She woke up this morning with a backache. (But the good news, no leg cramps).

• Haha 1

OK thats funny, and not. 

We did sleep great on Seashore, both mattress and sheets were lovely

So sorry about her back. Can they add a mattress topper on it to make it better?

10 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Have vivid memories about getting into and out of that tub !

Yes. That is one item on our must have in a suite cabin.... a walk-in  shower.  We can no longer climb in and out of tubs. Even these new low profile tub/shower combos are tricky. MSC RS and OS have a nice more roomy shower.

10 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Yes. That is one item on our must have in a suite cabin.... a walk-in  shower.  We can no longer climb in and out of tubs. Even these new low profile tub/shower combos are tricky. MSC RS and OS have a nice more roomy shower.

An interior cabin has a walk in shower, LOL. Might not be as roomy as you'd like though!  Great pressure!  You might be able to book two and use one as your closet, hehe.