HOTEL HELP

I am looking for a hotel room in New Orleans for the night prior to our cruise October 26, 2024. I am finding rates of $300 up to $1300 for one night unless it is a real scary hotel. Does anyone have a suggestion of a hotel less than $200. I just want a clean safe location to sleep for one night.

Thank you for your help

Dave

Posted (edited)

Are you flying in? Maybe look at ones out by the airport and taking Uber/taxi to the port in the morning.

Just discovered the reason - Taylor Swift is in town that weekend!

Edited by Texas Tillie
  • Like 1

Can you switch your cruise a week in either direction? If you are driving, you could stay in Baton Rouge or Gulfport/Biloxi and finish the drive the next day or fly to one of those places if transportation is available. I doubt you will find a good priced hotel for that particular night in New Orleans but maybe try calling hotels to see what they offer instead of online? Most of the cheaper places are likely full and the others have all raised their prices from their normal rates by a lot.

One problem you are experiencing is that it is a Saturday night during football season. Most hotels post higher rates until the NFL schedule comes out. Once the Saints schedule is released, rates should go down as long at the Saints are not playing at home that Sunday.  If not, you may want look outside N.O. proper.

This part is a quote from my reply to someone else about N.O. hotels:

The last three years, we've stayed at Drury Inn on Poydras Street.  We love it.  It has an included evening meal, nothing extraordinary, but is good and filling.  The breakfast is really good.  One of the best things we like about it is that it has an attached parking garage.  You can park on the level of your room and go directly in the hotel from there.  Most hotels have valet or off-site parking.  You can watch the price as it typically drops closer to time.  We updated our reservation several times back in January and ended up with a rate around $135.

The Saints wont be playing in the Superdome that Sunday.  Taylor Swift is already booked for the Superdome Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights Oct 25-27.

It's possible, but unlikely the Saints will host the Thursday or Monday night games that week.  Most likely, they will have a road game or their bye week that weekend.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, loanshark said:

The Saints wont be playing in the Superdome that Sunday.  Taylor Swift is already booked for the Superdome Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights Oct 25-27.

It's possible, but unlikely the Saints will host the Thursday or Monday night games that week.  Most likely, they will have a road game or their bye week that weekend.

Well if that is the case, then I wouldn't look for hotels to go down any.  Taylor Swift will probably bring in more people overnight that the Saints would.  Shocker probably will have to stay further out or pay the higher rates.