When was Ovation last spruced up?

We were on Ovation during the summer of 2021.  It was our first Seabourn cruise and we loved everything about it.  That said, we did think that our suite furnishings looked somewhat dated and there was the occasional tatter here or there.  It wasn’t so pronounced that it harshed our mellow.  But we are returning to Ovation this summer and we were wondering if she has been in dry dock for a wash and brush up in the past two years.  Anyone have an answer for us?

We were recently on Ovation and bitterly disappointed with the state of the couch in our suite, which was rumpled and baggy, certainly could not have lived with it at home.  I imagine it had been over-wet.  The suite attendants could do nothing and two complaints to customer services did nothing to remedy the situation.  There was a team onboard converting TK during our second week.  We observed two members of the team looking around the furnishings in The Retreat and making notes,  Sadly our old bones could not tolerate the uncomfortable deck loungers.  We asked if there is any likelihood of these being changed, but a shake of the head was our answer.

So , I doubt whether there have been any changes since you were last aboard, apart from the Solis area.

12 hours ago, Kimbasmum said:

the state of the couch in our suite, which was rumpled and baggy, certainly could not have lived with it at home.

That sofa was ugly when it was brand new! The lack of cushions on it makes it feel like a cheap waiting room (rumply) bench. And the color…well, I guess it hides past sins. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/18/2024 at 6:02 AM, Kimbasmum said:

We were recently on Ovation and bitterly disappointed with the state of the couch in our suite, which was rumpled and baggy, certainly could not have lived with it at home.  I imagine it had been over-wet.  The suite attendants could do nothing and two complaints to customer services did nothing to remedy the situation.  There was a team onboard converting TK during our second week.  We observed two members of the team looking around the furnishings in The Retreat and making notes,  Sadly our old bones could not tolerate the uncomfortable deck loungers.  We asked if there is any likelihood of these being changed, but a shake of the head was our answer.

So , I doubt whether there have been any changes since you were last aboard, apart from the Solis area.

We are probably older than you guys and we found the loungers in the Retreat very comfortable.   Loved the sofa and the dining room table.   The lounges had cushions, didn’t you like them?

Just to clarify, Covepoint, we went to the Retreat because the Sun loungers on deck were not cushioned but the ones in the Retreat were, and suited us fine, but there was obviously a charge to use that facility.

Saminina, we are experienced Seabourn passengers and cheerleaders for the brand, but this time, as explained, the sofa in our suite was a disgrace and complete eyesore.

We used the Retreat on 2 Sea Days and one port day and found it to be great (we were blessed with good weather). It was in good condition (saw one small stain on a cushion) and some decking had a little flex in it). Service was good and we liked not having to worry about shade or comfy loungers. My only issue with the Retreat was I was not able to trade in the Moet premium champagne for credit against a purchase of Veuve Clicquot. But Moet was fine, and frankly the house champagne (Mountaudon) was also surprisingly good.