Barcelona in September 2024

VacayVixen

The hotel that I use depends on my trip.  If I am flying in the day before and just getting on the cruise the next morning, I want to sleep and recover from jet lag.  I typically use Hotel Aeropuerto by Melia because they have a complimentary airport shuttle, food available if I wish, English speaking staff,  are on a bus line, pizza delivery to the hotel (used to be to room, now to lobby) etc. They will arrange a taxi for me to get to the cruise--about a 20 minute drive.  If I am coming in several days early and want to do the tourist stuff, I'll stay in the Las Ramblas area...taxi to ship is easy.  The closest hotel to book is the World Trade Center hotel--quite pricey and you'll still need transportation.  There is a shuttle bus from the Columbus statue at the base of Las Ramblas, but it will only save a few dollars and you'll have to get to that location somehow.

• Like 1

I’m doing VV Barcelona in August and staying at H10 Montacado as we are flying in a few days early and want to be centrally located. In my research, I did not find any that offered a shuttle to the cruise port. 

• Like 1

This May we have the Continental Palacete booked - it looks to be in the heart of things, not too far from the port and is more of a historic building.  I will post my review and somewhat live take of things when we arrive.  50ish days!

• Like 2