April 8 2024 Solar Eclipse - Sapphire Princess

Gaynors

8 hours ago, Gaynors said:

However... it's pretty cloudy.  Hopefully it'll break up a little for us by peak time.

17125943702691665811350582497943.jpg

Looks like the skies where we were this morning (north shore Lake Erie west of Buffalo in Ontario).  We had some brief peeking of sun prior to and during the initial phase and then nothing but grey clouds.  Bummer.

Posted (edited)

This is what we saw on the sapphire princess, pretty awesome.  It was definitely a nice bonus and not something any of us booked the cruise for 😁.

IMG-20240409-WA0008.jpg

Edited by Gaynors
Typo
  • Like 8

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

That's a pretty good chunk considering "Hawaii" wasn't even considered in the path.  Congrats.  Glad you were proactive in searching out the time.

I'm just glad I didn't listen to all the naysayers who said don't bother or you won't see anything.  I was definitely worth the effort.  But definitely kudos to princess for having glasses on board for everyone and making the announcements.

What is funny is I had found a website from the Navy called solar computer...I used the windy app to get our location... plugged it into the website and it gave me start time, peak time, and end time for the eclipse.  It was only a few minutes different than what they announced on the ship.  I hadn't found that website when I was searching before the cruise.

• Like 3