Icon cancelled show

Hi all,

The below was originally released by Royal Caribbean as one of the shows on the icon.  Is this cancelled?  I haven’t seen anything about it or even rehearsals regarding it.  I was really looking forward to seeing a show featuring the largest band at sea and their talents.

SHOWBAND! Live. Music. Now. Will demonstrate the talents of 16 gifted musicians. Listen to woodwind, string, percussion, and brass instruments combined with the venue’s groundbreaking video and sound equipment.

On our upcoming sailing on the 30th, the showband show has not been an option to book so far.  There is a new production show, however, called "The Effectors:  The Origin Story" which is in preview mode.  We booked it one night.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe that the "Wizard of Oz" show includes a 16-piece show band, so it's possible that the band is going to be doing their own show. Maybe the show isn't ready, though? 

Showband was was available on night 5 on Icon last week.  Reservations were not available or required.  It was at 7pm and our dinner at 8pm.  My family wanted to stay in the pool deck a little longer, so we missed it.

Having said that, we loved all the other shows.  Get to Oz early.  Packed house every show.  

On 3/26/2024 at 1:14 AM, thebigrooster said:

On our upcoming sailing on the 30th, the showband show has not been an option to book so far.  There is a new production show, however, called "The Effectors:  The Origin Story" which is in preview mode.  We booked it one night.

The Effectors is also on Odyssey. I don't much care for it.