La Dame - Silver Nova

MHMc

Has anyone dined at La Dame on Silver Nova? We are cruising in May and trying to decide if it is worth the $160/pp! For reference, my husband and I both consider ourself "foodies" and often enjoy fine dining restaurants and tasting menus. I will be celebrating a big cancer survival milestone while on board and are hoping to enjoy a great meal that night. We have never been on a Silversea cruise and are not familiar with the quality of the food. Any details would be helpful!

We dined in La Dame once on our recent Nova cruise. We enjoyed it. The wines were better than most of what was on offer in the other restaurants and the ingredients and service were better. We also did the Chef's Table and much preferred La Dame. I'm not sure the up charge was fully justified, but it is a much better experience than La Dame on the other ships (which is only $60 per person, but no better wines, ingredients or service).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MHMc said:

Has anyone dined at La Dame on Silver Nova? We are cruising in May and trying to decide if it is worth the $160/pp! For reference, my husband and I both consider ourself "foodies" and often enjoy fine dining restaurants and tasting menus. I will be celebrating a big cancer survival milestone while on board and are hoping to enjoy a great meal that night. We have never been on a Silversea cruise and are not familiar with the quality of the food. Any details would be helpful!

Congrats on your milestone!!!  I'm on Nova in Sept. and as I also love 1) French food, and 2) tasting menua, I also plan to splurge.

• Like 1

After four dinners on the Nova last year, the caviar is a much better grade than served elsewhere on the ship and the house wines are a LITTLE better than the other house pours. If you really enjoy the better Osetra caviar, the $160 upcharge MIGHT be worth it. The menu on the Nova for La Dame was very similar to the menu on Moon and Dawn.

• Like 1

Caviar was definitely much better in La Dame. The caviar available elsewhere on the Nova was a big step down from what we had on the Dawn in October. The Dover sole was excellent in La Dame and not available elsewhere on our Nova cruise. The lamb was also better than what was available elsewhere on the Nova. The service in La Dame on the Nova was much better than our dinners in La Dame on the Moon and Dawn. That said, I'm still not sure it's worth the upcharge.

I wish they would go back to the wine region menus they hadoin Le Champagne around 2006/7. The upcharge then was 120 per person, but it was well worth it. Additionally, the menu changed to show case different wine regions so we would usually go more than once per cruise.

• Like 1

We had dinner at La Dame last week on Nova. We found it very disappointing and not worth the new price tag of USD 160 per person, so we cancelled our second reservation. We have previously enjoyed La Dame dinners on Muse and Moon, but not this one. It is simply too similar to dishes served in other restaurants with no extra charge. The foie gras terrine was really bad, and the selection of French cheeses is of the cheapest kind you find in supermarkets. 

Our Kaseiki dinner with a price tag of USD 80 per person was just OK, and also not worth the money. 

However, the Chef's Table experience was well worth the USD 180 charge. 

Silver Note on Nova is fabulous. The new food concept is great, and we love the decor and atmosphere. A real winner.

Salt Kitchen is fantastic as well with interesting and tasty local dishes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3