Info please!

4sslack

I successfully won a move up bid from Sky suite to a Royal suite…

should the shore concierge reach out to me regarding preferences that are included with the room?  I had a concierge originally reach out to me because I was booked in a Sky Suite.  Now that I have been upgraded to a Royal suite which comes with additional Amenities, I have had no contact…. Just curious, because when we have cruised in a Royal Suite on other voyages, I have been contacted early about bed, pillow, liquor, dining reservations, etc.  Am I missing something???  Thank you!

• Like 1

It is not uncommon to not hear from Shoreside after an Upgrade.   You should already have an email from them so just write back and send in your requests.  

I find about 50% of the time even when in a full price Royal the information never get to the butler so all I do is tell the butler my wishes and they are taken care of seamlessly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2024 at 10:15 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I find about 50% of the time even when in a full price Royal the information never get to the butler so all I do is tell the butler my wishes and they are taken care of seamlessly. 

That's been my experience as well.  It's almost like the shoreside interaction is just for show.  But as you said, the butler typically easily and quickly handles the requests following your initial meet and greet.

5 hours ago, 4sslack said:

Thank you!  I tried to send another request to shoreside concierge, but it wouldn’t let me add comments anywhere in the form… 

Nice Upgrade!  How far out is your cruise? I think there is a number you can call if you don't hear from them.

I just my upgrade from balcony to Royal Suite.  Just what do I get with it? I want to make the most of everything offered. It is 12 night Japan cruise on Millennium. 

all advise will be greatly appreciated 

We won our move up bid about two weeks before the sailing but never heard from anyone prior to boarding. The butler met us shortly after we boarded and went over all the amenities and any requests we had. 

47 minutes ago, xraymomma said:

We won our move up bid about two weeks before the sailing but never heard from anyone prior to boarding. The butler met us shortly after we boarded and went over all the amenities and any requests we had. 

So everything? Including specialty restaurants, premium drinks, WiFi etc?

On 3/27/2024 at 4:06 PM, Roxie888 said:

So everything? Including specialty restaurants, premium drinks, WiFi etc?

Yes, these were all included with the Royal Suite. We also got embroidered pajamas, champagne, two bottles of spirits for the room.