Viking Voyager App.

DinnyClaire

2 hours ago, DinnyClaire said:

Has anyone tried to load the Viking Voyager App onto an Amazon-Fire (tablet) ??  

Is it available from the Amazon app store?  We replaced our Fire tablet years ago when that version of it would only allow apps from the Amazon store--no android apps.

I would check the Amazon app store--it it's not available there, you have your answer.

17 hours ago, sharkster77 said:

Is it available from the Amazon app store?  We replaced our Fire tablet years ago when that version of it would only allow apps from the Amazon store--no android apps.

I would check the Amazon app store--it it's not available there, you have your answer.

Thanks for your response sharkster77. 

No, it is not available in the Amazon App store.  I was hoping someone found a way to load it through a 'backdoor' app.  Guess I will just have to use my phone!

3 minutes ago, DinnyClaire said:

No, it is not available in the Amazon App store.  I was hoping someone found a way to load it through a 'backdoor' app.  Guess I will just have to use my phone!

There is rumored to be a way to install the Google play store app on the newer fire OS tablets. With that you would be able to get to the Viking voyager app. If you are willing to get your ultimate geek on, a quick google search for "Play Store on Fire tablet" should get you going.  😀 

What @DinnyClaire is going through is the exact reason why we dumped our Fire tablet and got a Samsung galaxy instead.  Couldn't be happier.  Have access to all of the google apps, and with the Kindle app, I do not miss the Kindle at all.  I found Fire's browser to be terrible, and couldn't replace it with Chrome or Firefox without hacking into the Fire's OS.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DinnyClaire said:

I found it in the Amazon app site. It is called Viking Voyager. There isn’t anything you can do with it, except download it to your iPad or whatever, until you get on the ship and sign in. 

Edited by janetcbl
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Haqdeluxe said:

There is rumored to be a way to install the Google play store app on the newer fire OS tablets. With that you would be able to get to the Viking voyager app. If you are willing to get your ultimate geek on, a quick google search for "Play Store on Fire tablet" should get you going.  😀 

OMG!!      After all sorts of bribes, my "ultimate geek" worked on it for me. 

Only took 2 hours of going through several youtube and other postings...we are loaded.  Don't ask me how he did it, but my Amazon-Fire is now loaded with "Google play store", and I was able to install the VikingVoyager app.  We will see if it works, once we board next week.🚢

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2024 at 3:35 PM, millybess said:

Please let us know!🙂

Just returned from our Ancient Mediterranean Treasures
Athens (Piraeus) to Istanbul.   
The Viking Voyager app (through the Google play store) worked just fine on our Amazon-FIRE.  

• Thanks 1