Onboard Infinity

For those wondering the ship does not feel old and there has been a light refresh. New carpets are the most obvious thing. Crew are friendly although they leave plates a long time in some of the outside areas. Food good so far. We have an Aft Sunset Veranda with a long balcony. No vibration and no noise from the engines. Really surprised at that. Noisiest thing is the A/C which is like an idling jet engine. Some alarm was beeping outside the cabin at 5am but hopefully a one off, otherwisei will gave a word. There was another lady looking outside her cabin when i went to investigate so maybe she reported it. WiFi is very slow so I am turning it off in port and using roaming data. Coffee in Cafe Al Baccio is poor. Very weak, real shame. Yes I have asked for double shots, and I like a medium strength so it must be weak. Overall, had some concerns about the age of the ship but feels very similar to Silhouette I sailed on pre pandemic and pleasantly surprised 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just got off Infinity yesterday and we were pleasantly surprised with the condition of the ship; in fact, it didn’t really feel any different to the last time we were on her. We stayed on deck 11 in an Aqua cabin and our shower had the door and body jets. Capacity was 2047, so it did feel relatively quiet - perhaps more will be on the present sailing as it’s over Easter.

The toilet paper was not how I remembered it pre-pandemic. It was similar to the greaseproof paper type we used to have in schools over here in the 70s 🙈. I can’t ever remember X using this type previously. 

We liked the fact that you could order off the main menu as well as Blu because there was a lot of duck on the Blu menus. The service was fabulous and most staff were very friendly and accommodating. 

I didn’t really have a problem with the internet - perhaps because our numbers were lower 🤷‍♀️. We used the Persian Garden and it also was very quiet.

It’s the first time we’ve ever sailed outside of school holidays and we definitely noticed the difference 👍. We are in one the aft verandas on Millie in Japan. I’m interested to see the difference as she’s been revolutionised.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I'll keep checking for updates. It would be great to hear your impressions of the ports along the way. Curious to those onboard the Infinity. How did the check-in process go in Athens?