Does anyone have or know the schedule for the Ward Cove Shuttle to Downtown in Ketchikan Alaska?

On 3/27/2024 at 12:35 PM, dpavid said:

What is there time to do in town now that the window is so short if you don't book an excursion? Arrive at 7 am but nothing in the town opens until 10 am. The last shuttle back is at 11 am. Walk Creek Street? That's about it. What a waste hanging out in their tourist trap.

On your sailing, is the time in port longer?  The daily that tokidoki showed sounds like it was a short stop that time, hopefully it will be longer for you.

Out of curiosity, I googled what time the shops open in Ketchikan during cruise season as I thought I recalled them being open earlier than 9 am when we were there, and the consensus is that many of them open at 8. Our port stop this coming May is 6 am - 1 pm so I think the last shuttle back to Ward Cove would be around 11-11:30, which makes for a pretty short visit.

1 hour ago, NikiPinkston said:

The bus ride can actually be pretty entertaining. Last time, the driver had some great bear stories!

I’ve seen that from a couple of YouTube videos! 🤣 Maybe it’s not as horrible as people are making it out to be. 

• Like 2

On 3/27/2024 at 3:35 PM, dpavid said:

What is there time to do in town now that the window is so short if you don't book an excursion? Arrive at 7 am but nothing in the town opens until 10 am. The last shuttle back is at 11 am. Walk Creek Street? That's about it. What a waste hanging out in their tourist trap.

For your ship’s arrival time check out what time sunrise occurs. It’s probably been up for a couple of hours already. Having been to Ketchikan a few times already, it’s worth it just to walk around and take a few pictures, go into town and support some of the local donut and breakfast shops. Be the first off of the ship, enjoy the scenery around town, and get some exercise! I’ll be there twice in 2025, and twice in 2026, and having already visited Ketchikan I’m still going to go into town. 

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/ketchikan?month=5

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 11:29 AM, erisajd said:

omg - there will be SIX ships in port the day we arrive in KTN . . . a day to stay on the boat.  No way are we going to fight the crowds to walk a street where everyone selling the same stuff for the same prices - I'll work out that morning - maybe get a $300 massage

From what I’ve seen already, they do offer some excursions from Ward’s Cove that stay close by like canoeing, paddle boats, and hiking. 

On 3/29/2024 at 8:44 AM, dmwnc1959 said:

For your ship’s arrival time check out what time sunrise occurs. It’s probably been up for a couple of hours already. Having been to Ketchikan a few times already, it’s worth it just to walk around and take a few pictures, go into town and support some of the local donut and breakfast shops. Be the first off of the ship, enjoy the scenery around town, and get some exercise! I’ll be there twice in 2025, and twice in 2026, and having already visited Ketchikan I’m still going to go into town. 

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/ketchikan?month=5

but it prob gonna be cloudy and or raining!  

Just now, erisajd said:

but it prob gonna be cloudy and or raining!  

It is Alaska! 😉 Prepare and pack (rain parka, umbrella, layers, and ‘waterproof’) for the worst, hope for the best. Of the times I’ve been to Ketchikan it rained once, and it was a torrential downpour. But it didn’t last. And of the times I’ve been to Glacier Bay and College Fjord it only rained once. As the old saying goes for Alaska, if you don’t like the weather wait 15 minutes. 🤣