Does this seem like a good or bad deal on Marella Fly Cruise ?

4 minutes ago, Andy24v said:

Genuinely intrigued by this. £145 pppn is just over £2k for 7 days.

Had a quick look on Princess website, they are asking £2200 for a 7 day med cruise in May for inside cabin with drinks package. Flights from Manchester are another £700, and there's no mention of transfers?

Where have you found this bargain?

You have to catch the offers and price dips, got lucky our Princess bookings this year  average £72pppn with everything included, don't need flights for these, happy out of Southampton.
Parking in Southampton is around the same as airport parking.

Princess prices have been creeping up as they are selling well, Jan/Feb had some decent prices even for the brand new Sun Princess.

NCL often have 50% on their package which is reasonable anyway they usually throw some good late bookings if you can play the waiting game..
Both our NCL last year were under £75pppd and one included flight to Copenhagen

Both Princess and NCL often have flight credits/discounts you have to call to get those we have had NCL totals go down adding flights.

Celebrity had £49pp flights on cruises out of Athens for a while Feb/March 10/11n cruises,  base cruise price £450 for 10n or 11n with upto $200 OBC, drinks package were £39pppd and tips £14pppd

Currently Celebrity have a £1 flight promo(includes Manchester) cruises may be more but can be much better value.

Look for the cheap flights first(seeing £200pp options with bags)  to Cruise ports then look for cheap cruises.

Not found anything for Nov/Dec yet might add a Transatlantic when there are cheap flights.

4 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Product has been fine its the price, while we can get AI with extras at 1/2 the £145pppn on the likes of NCL and Princess Marella won't get a look in.

Really, would be really interested to see AI for half the Marella price.

8 hours ago, 2BACRUISER said:

it dOes but its a balcony wouldnt be caught dead in an inside but as i said it called choice and it depends what you want nd what you are prepared to pay for it. . 

I was replying to the original poster who was quoting £2900 for 2 people for a week in an inside cabin. I still think that is expensive even for a balcony. I’m not particularly bothered about my cabin or its location. We have sailed in insides as well as balconies. I’ll go for what I see as the best deal at the time. I’m holding back from Marella for the time being because of the all inclusive drinks we won’t get our moneys worth from. 

2 hours ago, S1971 said:

Really, would be really interested to see AI for half the Marella price.

Easy ones are MSC the winter AI cruises out of Southampton hit £500-£550pppw. it's a very good unlimited drinks package.

Our last one the 7n cruise £350pp drinks would have been £210pp we went PAYG and spent £260total.(under £70pppd.)

The 7n med MSC and Costa often get down to £70pppn, cheap flights available.

Do your searches on price and do them regularly to catch the low prices.

Make sure you are signed up for promotions cruise lines are now doing personal discounts through loyalty schemes.

8 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Easy ones are MSC the winter AI cruises out of Southampton hit £500-£550pppw. it's a very good unlimited drinks package.

Our last one the 7n cruise £350pp drinks would have been £210pp we went PAYG and spent £260total.(under £70pppd.)

The 7n med MSC and Costa often get down to £70pppn, cheap flights available.

Do your searches on price and do them regularly to catch the low prices.

Make sure you are signed up for promotions cruise lines are now doing personal discounts through loyalty schemes.

There are a lot of ifs, buts and maybe's, but MSC and Costa would not be my cruiselines of choice, neither would be sailing out of Southampton in winter.

I am also restricted to sailing during school holidays, which inevitably makes it more expensive.