Encore Review-3/17-3/24/24 (Long!)

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I was told to look for signage.  So I will ask again, where does it say on any NCL ship to throw your towels on the floor.

Did you even read what you posted?  Many say in that opinion post you posted they consider this rude to the house keeper.    I have NEVER seen a sign on a NCL ship nor in any hotel.  I do know the old urban legend that clearly its a sign you want new towels to leave them on the floor.  However every time I have cruise fresh towels are always replaced and don't do this.

There was a sign in my balcony cabin on the Epic in January 2024 that said something to the effect of hang up towels to reuse, put on floor to be exchanged. Similar signage has been in every hotel I have stayed in over the last 5 years. 

Edited by zqvol
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I was told to look for signage.  So I will ask again, where does it say on any NCL ship to throw your towels on the floor.

Did you even read what you posted?  Many say in that opinion post you posted they consider this rude to the house keeper.    I have NEVER seen a sign on a NCL ship nor in any hotel.  I do know the old urban legend that clearly its a sign you want new towels to leave them on the floor.  However every time I have cruise fresh towels are always replaced and don't do this.

Maybe I just stay in dumpy hotels, but I have always stayed in hotels that had a sign to dump used towels on the floor if I wanted new ones. To me, it's just a normal and customary thing to do. On Norwegian, I've had stateroom attendants tell me to put them on the floor if I want a new one. I don't recall a sign or lack of a sign. I am pretty sure there is a sign...you know, save the environment, re-use the towel, but if you want a new towel, throw it in a heap on the floor. 

• Like 4

On 3/28/2024 at 11:29 AM, Cruiseforus0214 said:

CONS: Our room steward was terrible and she didn't make up the room twice, even though the light was on. So we ran out of towels and she was unphased by it.

Since you're back in the thread, would you be willing to post your cabin #?  I like to be prepared.

4 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Maybe I just stay in dumpy hotels, but I have always stayed in hotels that had a sign to dump used towels on the floor if I wanted new ones.

Standard for a decade, sign or not. If you want towels replaced, put them on the floor. If they're hanging on the rack, they will stay there.

4 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

Since you're back in the thread, would you be willing to post your cabin #?  I like to be prepared.

11158/11160. Side by side but adjoining. I felt the location was in the middle. The elevator was down hallway and to the left and never heard any traffic. 

5 minutes ago, Cruiseforus0214 said:

11158/11160.  

We're deck 10, midship starboard. Unlikely to get the same room steward. Thanks.

Will be on the Encore first time in May. How were the wait times to be seated at the MDR? Last cruise I reserved some dining times because we like to eat at a certain time. This time there is no option to book dining times in any of the dining rooms.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Will be on the Encore first time in May. How were the wait times to be seated at the MDR? Last cruise I reserved some dining times because we like to eat at a certain time. This time there is no option to book dining times in any of the dining rooms.

From experience, book MDR for the first night, for sure. It's a cluster. We didn't have more than a 5 to 10-minute wait at the MDR's after the first night.

Also, if reservations aren't available online, use chat, or call. You will get them.

Edited by IAcruising
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

When we were on the Encore last month, we also were not able to make MDR reservations before the cruise.   Once on board, we were able to make them immediately.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

When we were on the Encore last month, we also were not able to make MDR reservations before the cruise.

Did you try chat? I bet you didn't. 😉

53 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

When we were on the Encore last month, we also were not able to make MDR reservations before the cruise.   Once on board, we were able to make them immediately.

Good to know!

19 hours ago, IAcruising said:

Did you try chat? I bet you didn't. 😉

I have tried looking to make MDR reservations since the day they became available but they always showed not available.

So today I did try the chat option. They just basically kept telling me to do it when I get onboard🙄

3 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

So today I did try the chat option. They just basically kept telling me to do it when I get onboard🙄

That is unfortunate. I would try again, and then again. But I have time that nonsense. 😄

• Like 1