The best snorkeling in this 10 Night Eastern Caribbean with Tortola

tc-cruise

2 Saturday, 12/21/2024 Princess Cays  
3 Sunday, 12/22/2024 Navegación  
4 Monday, 12/23/2024 St. Thomas St Thomas, US Virgin Islands
5 Tuesday, 12/24/2024 St. Maarten St Maarten, St Martin/St Maarten
6 Wednesday, 12/25/2024 Antigua  
7 Thursday, 12/26/2024 S Friar's Beach (St. Kitts)  
8 Friday, 12/27/2024 Tortola Road Town, Tortola Island, 

I knew St John and Bath in Virgin Gorda but both require ferry and driving on both islands. Any other port of calls have similar levels of snorkeling? How about St Thomas including water island? 

39 minutes ago, tc-cruise said:
2 Saturday, 12/21/2024 Princess Cays  
3 Sunday, 12/22/2024 Navegación  
4 Monday, 12/23/2024 St. Thomas St Thomas, US Virgin Islands
5 Tuesday, 12/24/2024 St. Maarten St Maarten, St Martin/St Maarten
6 Wednesday, 12/25/2024 Antigua  
7 Thursday, 12/26/2024 S Friar's Beach (St. Kitts)  
8 Friday, 12/27/2024 Tortola Road Town, Tortola Island, 

I knew St John and Bath in Virgin Gorda but both require ferry and driving on both islands. Any other port of calls have similar levels of snorkeling? How about St Thomas including water island? 

You might want to consider posting this as well over on the Scuba and Snorkeling sub-forum

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/24-scuba-and-snorkeling/

8 hours ago, tc-cruise said:

Thank you! I didn't even know there is such a sub forum. Seems relatively quiet over there but post it anyway. 

No problem. Yes, it's a relatively quiet sub forum, but the folks over there tend to have a lot of experience with Caribbean dive and snorkeling sites. I've always had good advice.

Are you looking for an excursion or just a beach to snorkel from? We've liked Secret Harbour (resort) on St Thomas, but in February the snorkeling was not as good as we've had before, didn't see as many fish. Coki beach is also one you can snorkel from, and I've read that Sapphire beach can have good snorkeling, haven't been there yet.

We've also been to Little Divi Bay on St. Maarten - first time good snorkeling, this last time not so much. You might want to check each port forum in the Caribbean section of Ports of Call, you should find more info and activity there 

5 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

Are you looking for an excursion or just a beach to snorkel from? We've liked Secret Harbour (resort) on St Thomas, but in February the snorkeling was not as good as we've had before, didn't see as many fish. Coki beach is also one you can snorkel from, and I've read that Sapphire beach can have good snorkeling, haven't been there yet.

We've also been to Little Divi Bay on St. Maarten - first time good snorkeling, this last time not so much. You might want to check each port forum in the Caribbean section of Ports of Call, you should find more info and activity there 

I agree with Coki Beach in St Thomas...have had some excellent views there

Either snorkeling from beach or boat tours. I did research each port of call but I want to compare them. I suspect the best in Antigua or St Maarten may not be as good as a mediocre one in St John. 

I agree with WisCruiser2 about Secret Harbor on St Thomas.  There is decent snorkeling there. Depending on the amount of time in port you may want to go over to St. John.  Trunk Bay has some good snorkeling.  The very best snorkeling we ever did in the Caribbean were two different times when we chartered a boat and went to Buck Island, saw and swam with lots of sea turtles; Lovongo and Congo Cays, drift snorkel with thousands of minnows and pelicans diving down to gulp them up.  We watched this happen underwater…amazing

We were on the Enchanted earlier this month with this itinerary.  We snorkelled 3 days, and the best was with Random Wind in St. Maarten.  

On 3/30/2024 at 6:58 PM, 2206 said:

We were on the Enchanted earlier this month with this itinerary.  We snorkelled 3 days, and the best was with Random Wind in St. Maarten.  

Thank you! May I know what the other 2 places are?

Adventureantigua.com was also good.  We did a snorkel excursion through Princess in St. Thomas. There were twice as many people on the catamaran, and not nearly as fun!