HAL transportation in South Queensferry - is it offered?

I know I can possibly put this into the port forum and will pop over there after this but I am wondering if anyone has visited Edinburgh and tendered in South Queensferry? If so, is there HAL provided transportation into the main part of the city and if so, was there a fee? Or do we need to rely on public transportation and taxis?

I know when we were in Dubrovnik a number of years ago there was a shuttle that we could purchase a day pass for about $10 pp for unlimited trips from the ship to the city area.

I have looked on our booking but can not see anything and am trying to make plans for our upcoming cruise. Thanks for any insight or info.

Last year there was no HAL transport, nor was there in 2017 when I was there. The local bus (99?) is inexpensive and easy to take. The bus stops about a 10 or 15 minute walk to the Royal Mile. I recall there is a more specific thread on the port-specific board. I have also taken a cab from the tender landing right to the castle. Obviously more expensive, but also more convenient!

8 hours ago, CGYCruisingFamily said:

I know I can possibly put this into the port forum and will pop over there after this but I am wondering if anyone has visited Edinburgh and tendered in South Queensferry? If so, is there HAL provided transportation into the main part of the city and if so, was there a fee? Or do we need to rely on public transportation and taxis?

I know when we were in Dubrovnik a number of years ago there was a shuttle that we could purchase a day pass for about $10 pp for unlimited trips from the ship to the city area.

I have looked on our booking but can not see anything and am trying to make plans for our upcoming cruise. Thanks for any insight or info.

Local bus x99 greeted us at the port with bag pipes! They make it so simple and hospitable to get to the city center. We were there last April-May. Highly recommend! 

• Like 1

HAL do not run a transportation service.  The bus is just at the pier and there are a few taxis available.  Tendering can be slow, depending on tidal conditions.

I took the X99 last year.  Staff and busses waiting for you. Great service. They offer  a deal too for tickets on the Red Bus Edinburgh city tour which is  great way to see the city in the limited time available.