Howl at the moon still on NCL?

We were on escape a while back in 2018, howl at the moon was really good, are they still doing NCL ships? Can't seem to see any reference to them on recent dailies.

Thanks 

There is a great live review from the breakaway by @yvrteacher that showcases the Howl at the Moon!  It is my family’s favorite!  Has me ready to book a cruise that has a Howl!!’  Check it out- such fun!’ 

• Like 1

Yes, it is still on NCL. I was on the Breakaway last September and I’ve not seen any reports that anything has changed.

It has only ever been on the Epic, Breakaway, Getaway and Escape.

It’s still on the Getaway. After countless cruises that had it, I finally got around to checking it out last night (I’m onboard now) and I’m kicking myself for not going sooner. It was so good. 

• Like 3

We're sailing Getaway in 20 days and Howl is one of the things that my family is looking forward to. 

We also sailed Escape in 2018 and have missed not having it on our last few cruises. 

I’m currently on the Breakaway on a B2B. Tonight will be night 14 on the ship and night 8 of Howl at the Moon. They are a fabulous trio!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

They are a fabulous trio!!!

What I found most interesting on my Escape cruise is that they don't board the ship as a matched group!!  At least on that trip they didn't.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I am flummoxed. What I've read about Howl, and what we experienced, are like we are living on a different planet. Howl is the one.only.single show that we have ever left early on any cruise ship.

We saw it on the Escape last November, and they were absolutely awful. The main guy left for 1/2 the time we were there, and he was the only redeemable quality in the show.

I don't know if this was the last show of their contract or what. The performance of the songs was a joke, and I swear they were more drunk than I (and that's saying something). 

The entire thing, from start to when we left was a straight up money grab. At one point, the main guy stood up with $5 bill and said this was just a suggestion. Then he held up a $20 bill and said this is a request that will be played. I didn't know if he was joking or not.

Tell me that this was just a one-off and maybe I'll give it a second chance. But damn, it was shiat-show as far we were concerned.

Edited by IAcruising
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

I am flummoxed. What I've read about Howl, and what we experienced, are like we are living on a different planet. Howl is the one.only.single show that we have ever left early on any cruise ship.

We saw it on the Escape last November, and they were absolutely awful. The main guy left for 1/2 the time we were there, and he was the only redeemable quality in the show.

I don't know if this was the last show of their contract or what. The performance of the songs was a joke, and I swear they were more drunk than I (and that's saying something). 

The entire thing, from start to when we left was a straight up money grab. At one point, the main guy stood up with $5 bill and said this was just a suggestion. Then he held up a $20 bill and said this is a request that will be played. I didn't know if he was joking or not.

Tell me that this was just a one-off and maybe I'll give it a second chance. But damn, it was shiat-show as far we were concerned.

Was on Getaway last week and the trio there was fantastic.  One of the girls specifically said that tips are appreciated but not required.  It does seem pretty obvious that if someone tipped more ($10 or $20) that the song would get played.  My son tipped $5 and still got his song played.  I don’t think they were obnoxious about it, but sometimes the girl would say things like “someone has tipped $20 to hear XYZ”

Sounds like your trio maybe wasn’t great.  I’d suggest giving Howl a second chance (on another ship or on land).  Also, I think they take breaks to either 1) rest their voice, 2) use the toilet, or almost certainly 3) learn some of the songs that have been requested.  

• Like 1

Howl shows are about 4 hours long and the three performers alternate through the show with there usually only being two on stage at a time.

When they change over there will likely be the three of them for a few songs, but it is expected that there will only be two for the majority of the time.

7 hours ago, blackwing said:

Was on Getaway last week and the trio there was fantastic.  One of the girls specifically said that tips are appreciated but not required.  It does seem pretty obvious that if someone tipped more ($10 or $20) that the song would get played.  My son tipped $5 and still got his song played.  I don’t think they were obnoxious about it, but sometimes the girl would say things like “someone has tipped $20 to hear XYZ”

Sounds like your trio maybe wasn’t great.  I’d suggest giving Howl a second chance (on another ship or on land).  Also, I think they take breaks to either 1) rest their voice, 2) use the toilet, or almost certainly 3) learn some of the songs that have been requested.  

Loved Howl on Escape and glad to hear that you enjoyed it on Getaway.

We'll be on Getaway in 16 days, so maybe it'll be the same trio.

2 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

Loved Howl on Escape and glad to hear that you enjoyed it on Getaway.

We'll be on Getaway in 16 days, so maybe it'll be the same trio.

They were great.  Rafael and Gina (wavy brown hair) appear to be from England.  Shannon (red hair) I think is American.  I'm not sure if they worked as a trio prior to getting hired on the ship, but they worked well together.

5 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Howl shows are about 4 hours long and the three performers alternate through the show with there usually only being two on stage at a time.

When they change over there will likely be the three of them for a few songs, but it is expected that there will only be two for the majority of the time.

It was rare for our show that both pianos would be used at the same time.  All three of them can play the drums.  So it was usually one person on piano and singing.  The other person would be on the drums or just sitting at the other piano and reading through the requests.  The third person on break.

Yeah, obvious one-off. Our show was not what you guys are describing. Maybe we were tired, or maybe we just didn't know what to expect. Maybe it was the song choices. But I'm absolutely on point when I say the show we saw was ALL about the tips, and ONLY the tips.

Now we need to get back on a ship that has it, to see what we missed.