Breakaway Solo balcony vs balcony

Can someone tell me the plus and minus of getting a solo balcony bs regular balcony room on the Breakaway?   Looking at the Canada cruise this September 

thanks 

A solo balcony is no different than a regular balcony, other than cost. But from what I've seen, they may be what NCL considers as "less desirable" due to location. So PrivaSea (enclosed) forward or aft balconies. You should be able to look at a newer deck plan to see the locations.

Note - I happen to like the PrivaSea balconies since I go to colder locations. 

On 3/30/2024 at 1:52 PM, brooklyn6 said:

Can someone tell me the plus and minus of getting a solo balcony bs regular balcony room on the Breakaway?   Looking at the Canada cruise this September 

thanks 

I recently traveled on the Getaway booking a Solo Balcony (BT).  In booking, it came up as a guarantee balcony, not one of the few assigned as solo.  A few weeks before departure, I was assigned a connecting room balcony on Deck 13, not one of the so-called designated solos.  It was a normal balcony.

The single supplement was lower than booking a regular balcony, and I had access to the solo lounge (all solo fares now have access).  However, my card was not properly programmed for this and I had to get a new card from guest services (after they told me I wasn't booked on a solo fare, sure).  The solo lounge was no big deal.  Usually empty, free pound cake during the day.

2 hours ago, billslowsky said:

In booking, it came up as a guarantee balcony, not one of the few assigned as solo.  A few weeks before departure, I was assigned a connecting room balcony on Deck 13, not one of the so-called designated solos.  It was a normal balcony.

2 hours ago, billslowsky said:

However, my card was not properly programmed for this and I had to get a new card from guest services (after they told me I wasn't booked on a solo fare, sure).

I suspect you booked a guarantee, not a solo balcony.  Did you look at the cabin number you were in to see if it actually is a BT?  Did your confirmation say you booked a solo balcony?

4 minutes ago, hallux said:

I suspect you booked a guarantee, not a solo balcony.  Did you look at the cabin number you were in to see if it actually is a BT?  Did your confirmation say you booked a solo balcony?

I KNOW what I booked.  And I KNOW what cabin I was assigned later on.

image.png.f663d42acfc69aefac783e7b4ef2d980.png

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, hallux said:

I booked a Guaranteed Solo Balcony for an upcoming cruise on the Getaway.

Yes, this did happen.

And likewise, I was assigned a regular balcony cabin. On the invoice, it was listed as category BT-BB.

Unfortunately, it doesn't surprise me that the initial key card didn't allow the poster to access the solo lounge. And it's no surprise customer service gave the poster a hard time about it.

I hope that things will go more smoothly when I board the Getaway.

• Like 1