Sushi!!! X needs to make a change

MayrMN

Should X start serving sushi before 6pm?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Should X start serving sushi before 6pm?

• Yes
    • No

Who else wants X to start the sushi at 5:30?

I just finished reading Schplinky's review of X and RCCL, and I had forgotton how disappointed I was in the fact that I didn't get to enjoy the sushi on my 1/28 sailing of the Connie more than once.

Before I left on my cruise, I had read so many posts about enjoying some sushi and cocktails before dinner. I was so excited....then disappointed.:( You see, I had early seating, which I didn't want. And while some of you might say, go to dinner late, that is rude to your table mates, and as per my waiter, disruptive to the wait staff.

So now that I've had time to reflect, the disappointment has reared its ugly head. Anyone else with me??

Even though we've never done first (early) seating for dinner, I think they should change the sushi times from 5-9 instead of 6-10. Does anyone that has early seating eat sushi AFTER dinner?

There are times when it's 5:00 or 5:30 PM and I'm hungry and wish the sush was already out. Then I could go back to my cabin and relax before getting ready for late seating dinner.

Does anyone know why the sushi times are 6-10?

Add our vote. We're early sitting eaters, so we only get to try the sushi after dinner, which doesn't make sense. We've tried it anyway, because we love sushi and were curious. 5 p.m. would enable us to have sushi, instead of bar appetizers, if we get hungry early.

BTW, the sushi is, at best, only OK. I don't think it can be better than that on a cruise line. Good sushi needs very fresh fish that has never been frozen, but the cruise lines serve only frozen fish.

Last January we were on Infinity and they served the sushi at 5:30, I had some instead of an appitizer at the table. I made it a point never to be more than 10 min. late to the table. On a few cruises I went to the dinning room for the first courses and notified the waiter that I would not be staying for the main course if it was something that did not apeal to me and went up to the sushi bar to completer my meal. :)

:)

We love sushi and the sushi on X is one of the reasons we do late seating. Can't wait till just a little over three weeks and we'll be on the Infinity!

We will be right behind you as we leave on the 23rd Summit to Hawaii :)

On our cruise that departs tomorrow we have late seating and I will be in line for sushi.

I agree that if they are not going to offer sushi all day (that would be great with me) then at least start offering it at 5pm. This way those in early seating could indulge also.

Dave

We are regular Celebrity cruisers who prefer the early seating but never get to enjoy the sushi because of the hour its served. I would love to see it served from 4pm on so that we could enjoy it with our afternoon cocktails.

Hey??? Where's the poll option for those of us who would starve to death before eating raw fish?? Yes, I know not all of it is raw...I watch the food network. But no way!

However, I'm all for having it available for you at whatever time you'd like to consume both your share and mine. :)

Archived