Piraeus tendering and timing for Acropolis

Sageblue47

I am on the Norwegian Epic, docking in Athens/Piraeus on May 2nd, and our itinerary says we are tendering at 7 am. Does anyone have experience tendering at that port and what kind of timeframe we are looking at in order to get to the Acropolis as soon as possible? I was thinking that we could reserve the 10-11 am timeframe for the Acropolis and be pretty safe with that, but would love to hear anyone’s advice.

12 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I have never heard of any ship tendering in Piraeus. I'd double check that if I were you.

I thought it was strange too, but I was going off of what NCL sent to us:

IMG_0041.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Sageblue47 said:

I thought it was strange too, but I was going off of what NCL sent to us:

IMG_0041.jpeg

Again, I'd double check. Been reading these boards for almost 20 years and I've never heard of a ship tendering at Piraeus. 

Have you checked your roll call?  Perhaps someone there has an answer.

Folks in the roll call have checked with NCL and haven’t gotten any different information.

If we are in fact docking at the port at 7, if we were to take the X80 (if it’s running) or the subway, do you think we could get to the Acropolis by 9 am or should we just be safe with the 10 am entry window?

1 hour ago, Sageblue47 said:

Folks in the roll call have checked with NCL and haven’t gotten any different information.

If we are in fact docking at the port at 7, if we were to take the X80 (if it’s running) or the subway, do you think we could get to the Acropolis by 9 am or should we just be safe with the 10 am entry window?

If you're docked at 7am and ready to get off as soon as it's possible, you should have no problem being at the Acropolis entrance by 9am.

Thanks folks: in checking the specific NCL page for Piraeus, it does indeed say it’s a docking port, so I will chalk it up to an error on their part for our specific travel documents. In that case, we’ll plan on getting a 9-10am ticket for the Acropolis…if they ever open. 🤨

I was attempting to book an excursion in Athens and advised them that the Epic was listed as a tendered port

for May 2. The vendor can back with this info.

” Please note that according to the information from the port authorities of Piraeus, that day only 2 cruise ships are scheduled to be there, and your ship is scheduled to dock at Kanellos pier.”

The tour is scheduled for pick up at 7:30. I did send my NCL advisor an email but haven’t heard back.

i am currently scheduled  for a ship excursion but wanted to try one with greektravelling.com if possible.

• Like 1