ABC Islands beach question

14 hours ago, upwarduk said:

When we went with my son( who worked in Aruba) in 2000, we had to pay to get on to Palm 

Just for clarification,  the private island that you are referring to is DePalm Island.  Palm Beach is in the resort area,  pretty far from DePalm Island.  DePalm Island is run by DePalm Tours, which is probably the largest tour group on Aruba. Some people love it,  some don't.  DePalm Island was a one and done for us.  I  think that people with kids seem to enjoy it more than people like my husband and myself who travel by ourselves. 

On Aruba there is a "local beach" located between Palm and Eagle beaches.  It is behind a police station.  No chair rentals, but there are picnic benches under palapas.  When we were there there were a few family birthday parities and kids were taking swimming lessons.  To get a taxi back, just walk to eagle beach and walk through a hotel to get to a cab stand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJB1437 said:

On Aruba there is a "local beach" located between Palm and Eagle beaches.  It is behind a police station.  No chair rentals, but there are picnic benches under palapas.  When we were there there were a few family birthday parities and kids were taking swimming lessons.  To get a taxi back, just walk to eagle beach and walk through a hotel to get to a cab stand.

If interested you could take a cab to the Butterfly Farm, check it out, and then go to one of the small beaches mentioned above. The more I comment on Aruba the more I want to book a trip - any time of year is nice!