Rooms for private parties - Aurora

As mentioned previously my extended family of 23 - we've gained two more in recent days - are sailing on Aurora on 26th August.  During our time onboard I will be celebrating my 44th wedding anniversary and my sister in law her 70th.  We have been having a chat about a private get together for this.  Two questions: (1) does P&O offer rooms on Aurora you can book for such a gathering (I have I believe seen such a thing on Britannia but not in recent times) and (2) who do I need to contact to discuss making such an arrangement?

I assume if I can make any arrangement I can arrange and pay for food and drinks to be available in the same way I have previously done on Cunard ships but any advice or help on dealing with P&O would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

I believe that there is a private dining room behind Sindhu, which I believe is used for the likes of "Captain's Table", but I have no idea about the size and I cannot recall any other venue other than possibly a section of the buffet.

Try contacting the ceremonies at sea people (ceremonies@carnivalukgroup.com) - they may not be the right people but the may be able to point you in the right direction.

• Thanks 1

The private dining room is behind the Glasshouse, not Sindhu. We have dined in there several times and it’s quite small (capacity around 12). The room is also used as a meeting room by senior officers (daily briefings etc) so I don’t think it would be available for private hire. Worth asking, I guess, but as I say it’s very small. 

The only venue that springs to mind is the Uganda Room, behind the Crows Nest. That is rarely used and seems like the obvious place. It could certainly take 23 people. The only issue I can foresee is that it’s miles from any dining venues, so catering options may be a bit limited. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

As mentioned previously my extended family of 23 - we've gained two more in recent days - are sailing on Aurora on 26th August.  During our time onboard I will be celebrating my 44th wedding anniversary and my sister in law her 70th.  We have been having a chat about a private get together for this.  Two questions: (1) does P&O offer rooms on Aurora you can book for such a gathering (I have I believe seen such a thing on Britannia but not in recent times) and (2) who do I need to contact to discuss making such an arrangement?

I assume if I can make any arrangement I can arrange and pay for food and drinks to be available in the same way I have previously done on Cunard ships but any advice or help on dealing with P&O would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

Uganda room, have used it for pre dinner cocktail parties,up to 40 people.

• Thanks 1