Princess Promotions

Hello all. My partner received a phone call today from a CVP, then a subsequent email which outlines the perks of something called Princess Promotions. Email basically stipulates that we pay one price and receive future cruise credit, onboard credit, hotel credit and stay certificates. First, I’ve never heard of this, so is it legit? And second, if legitimate, has anyone ever taken advantage of this offer? TIA

I actually have heard of this.  I had the offer a few years ago, but turned it down.  Do a search for this, you'll probably find some previous posts.  I didn't do it, because it didn't sound like something I would benefit from. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, redflag216 said:

Hello all. My partner received a phone call today from a CVP, then a subsequent email which outlines the perks of something called Princess Promotions. Email basically stipulates that we pay one price and receive future cruise credit, onboard credit, hotel credit and stay certificates. First, I’ve never heard of this, so is it legit? And second, if legitimate, has anyone ever taken advantage of this offer? TIA

Seriously doubt it was a CVP or any employee of Princess (though they would want you to believe they are from the data they purchased from Princess).

As others suggested, do a search here on CC on them and then run, not walk away from it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Run, Run fast!  It's a marketing thing by O.N.E.  It is not Princess.  And I think it is wrong that they call them selves a CVP, the real CVP's work for Princess (Or at least they used to, that may have changed to outsource like everything else)

Yes, do read the other threads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, redflag216 said:

Just like your name…I would be careful of booking this, but YMMV.

My thread won’t post on here. So

Just google

Princess Promotions cruise critic and several come up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, redflag216 said:

First, I’ve never heard of this, so is it legit? And second, if legitimate, has anyone ever taken advantage of this offer?

Yes, and yes.  We went to book a future cruise onboard a Princess ship last year and the person there outlined this great new program being offered that could save us a significant amount of money on the cruise we were looking at booking.  Long story short, $1,000.00 of the promotion price was applied to the future cruise fare, and this new program entitled us to discounts on hotel stays as well as a certificate for a free 5-night stay at a Premium location.  Six months later, I can tell you that the discounted rates on hotels are less than the discounted rates we get with either AAA or AARP, and the certificate will entitle us to 50% off a Premium location that we would want to stay at.

In hindsight, knowing what we know now, we would not have signed up for the promotion.  It IS associated with Princess, it IS O.N.E., and there may be a benefit to someone who does not have access to other discount programs.  YMMV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, hpeabody said:

Run, Run fast!  It's a marketing thing by O.N.E.  It is not Princess.  And I think it is wrong that they call them selves a CVP, the real CVP's work for Princess (Or at least they used to, that may have changed to outsource like everything else)

Yes, do read the other threads.

ONE is not Princess they are third party vendors who Princess hired to run Future Cruise Departments and promotions. Or should I say so called promotions. They have no idea what they are doing and the one time I used them they screwed it all up and it took hours to correct.  CVP’s are Princess employees and mine is based on the West Coast and has always been available and eager to take care of issues. Even though they put the head of Future Cruise Sales on the board of officers they are not Princess employees. I will no longer even talk to them except to find out if I will be on the Most Traveled lunch

1 hour ago, memoak said:

ONE is not Princess they are third party vendors who Princess hired to run Future Cruise Departments and promotions. Or should I say so called promotions. They have no idea what they are doing and the one time I used them they screwed it all up and it took hours to correct.  CVP’s are Princess employees and mine is based on the West Coast and has always been available and eager to take care of issues. Even though they put the head of Future Cruise Sales on the board of officers they are not Princess employees. I will no longer even talk to them except to find out if I will be on the Most Traveled lunch

So, the Future Cruise Department is another victim of decisions to outsource what used to be a well-run operation?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kamelia said:

So, the Future Cruise Department is another victim of decisions to outsource what used to be a well-run operation?

Yep