Cultural activities and Food on Millennium Japan Cruises

Hello Fellow cruisers... does anyone have any information as to how culturally immersed the actual Ship is on Japan cruises? I have heard amazing things about the Diamond Princess who have Japanese food and activities to really immerse into the Japanese culture on board - It was sold out and I am looking at the B2B in August 2024 on the millenium instead but I can't find anything about how international and cultural the on board food and activities are and if they are a reflection of the area it is cruising in ie Japan! 

It is such a special location that I would expect the ship to be more tailored to the destination in terms of its food and activities...anyone know anything on this front on the millenium please?

I am taking mum elderly parents 

Many Thanks

3 hours ago, Letsgetreal said:

Hello Fellow cruisers... does anyone have any information as to how culturally immersed the actual Ship is on Japan cruises? I have heard amazing things about the Diamond Princess who have Japanese food and activities to really immerse into the Japanese culture on board - It was sold out and I am looking at the B2B in August 2024 on the millenium instead but I can't find anything about how international and cultural the on board food and activities are and if they are a reflection of the area it is cruising in ie Japan! 

It is such a special location that I would expect the ship to be more tailored to the destination in terms of its food and activities...anyone know anything on this front on the millenium please?

I am taking mum elderly parents 

Many Thanks

We have done one cruise to Japan on HAL and two on Celebrity Millennium. Cruisestitch link our latest review above. 

Besides the occasional dish on the buffet - like Ramen - and maybe a cultural show activities and food on board are like anywhere else and not really tailored to Japan.

Diamond Princess is a little different because she also has Japanese passengers on board. We considered Diamond Princess for a next cruise but ended up booking Millennium for a fourth cruise to Japan. Mainly because of the more attractive itinerary.