Viking River Paris to Normandy July 2024. Le Louvre shore excursion worth it?

I am considering Le Louvre shore excursion while docked in Paris, but at $289/each, I'm wondering if it is wiser to book this direct? We have 2 days in Paris at the beginning of the trip, and will be walking distance to Eifel Tower. So I assume a quick cab to the museum. Does anyone have any suggestions if it is pretty easy to visit on my own, and save some of this trip fee? Thank you!

Are you on a river cruise, or an ocean cruise?

If it's an ocean cruise you will be docking a couple hours away, and doing the Louvre while in Paris pre-cruise would be the much better idea.

Posted (edited)

I am on a river cruise. But we are in Paris docked for a day and a half. So I am sure we have time. I understand we are 15 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower from our port. 

Edited by jcarr55

Posted (edited)

You can easily, and much more cheaply visit the Louvre on your own. You could take the Metro (€2.15 pp) to the Museum. Or a bus. Or a taxi.The Louvre requires an advance booked timed entry reservation except in the off season. Do it online before you leave home. Find details (price, audio guides, guided tours, etc) on their website https://www.louvre.fr/en/visit/hours-admission?utm_source=magpietravelttd#ticket-prices

Edited by mom says
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mom says said:

You can easily, and much more cheaply visit the Louvre on your own. You could take the Metro (€2.15 pp) to the Museum. Or a bus. Or a taxi.The Louvre requires an advance booked timed entry reservation except in the off season. Do it online before you leave home. Find details (price, audio guides, guided tours, etc) on their website https://www.louvre.fr/en/visit/hours-admission?utm_source=magpietravelttd#ticket-prices

Thanks very much for this info. Very helpful. I also just read you can’t buy online tickets until about 2 months from date. In case others like me are wondering why there’s no availability on the Louvre website