Ovation 1st time in JS with Coastal Kitchen;any advice to secure dinner rezs?

Hello all. Anthony here. We will be boarding the Ovation on April 30th from Honolulu to Vancouver and will be staying in a Junior Suite. This will be the first time in a JS on a ship with a Coastal Kitchen. Any advice on securing dinner reservations? We do plan on going to the CK as soon as we board. How exactly will this work out?  Will they be able to make dinner reservations for the whole nine nights? Any advice will be appreciated!

No one knows for sure, but make sure that you go there right after boarding.  I have always been able to book CK in a JS, but I have heard others that weren’t able to.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1

Go up to Coastal Kitchen as soon as you board and tell the host that you would like to make a dinner reservation and see what he says. That is a repositioning cruise and besides Suites, may have a lot of Pinnacles onboard. But if you check early with CK, you will probably be able to get reservations for several nights. You may have to be flexible with the time/times that you dine. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Whether you can book for all nine nights on day 1 will depend on the maitre d’.

Some might let you but others may only let you book one night at a time. As with many things Royal, there doesn’t seem to be a consistent rule.

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Thanks 1

Can’t share any specific on booking for the junior suite but can say it is likely you should be able to get reservations if you have some flexibility.  

We did Quantum from Honolulu to Vancouver last years and if the trend holds the dinners were not terribly busy.   We had an Owners Suite and only a few nights seemed moderately busy.  Most nights there seemed to be openings.  YMMV but just have a little flexibility with times and you should be good.

• Thanks 1

@Tlbecker1@sandebeach@gumshoe958@wdwkings@alfaericAgree with everyone...all spot on.

Curently onboard the Ovation.

Current sailing (ending this morning, in a few hours), had 76 Pinnacles...a number of them weren't able to eat at CK. 

2 families staying in JS's asked the AMD if they can reserve all 10 nights on Day 1...the AMD said: "Come back again tomorrow, I'll see what I can do."

We said hello to both families dining at CK when we were there. We spoke to them 7 out of 10 nights.

* The access restriction for CK became relaxed after about 4 days...it was relatively empty most nights.

* The next sailing is Sydney to Honolulu...and expecting over 100 Pinnacles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the responses. We'll go with the flow, especially since we already have my time reservations. Whatever CK reservations we can snag will be fine.