GTY room allocation

We are less than 1 month before our cruise on Anthem OTS and we have booked a balcony guarantee.

Our set sail pass still shows GTY but we have been allocated muster D04.

RCI sent our cruise ticket booklet a few days ago, but the luggage tags in it are blank.

Does this mean our room won't be allocated until check in or, will RCI send us another cruise ticket booklet before embarkation day with updated luggage tags?

12 minutes ago, DisneyQueen999 said:

We are less than 1 month before our cruise on Anthem OTS and we have booked a balcony guarantee.

Our set sail pass still shows GTY but we have been allocated muster D04.

RCI sent our cruise ticket booklet a few days ago, but the luggage tags in it are blank.

Does this mean our room won't be allocated until check in or, will RCI send us another cruise ticket booklet before embarkation day with updated luggage tags?

It could happen at any time from now until boarding.  Just keep watching for your room assignment and then go in and reprint the luggage tags

As your set sail pass shows a muster station, Royal has planned a cabin for you even though it is not officially assigned.  Would you like a preview?  If so, use the “barcode trick.”  If you use an iPhone, add your set sail pass into your apple wallet.  Then in your apple wallet, look at the string of characters under the barcode…the numbers to the right of the dash (-) are a cabin number that is very, very likely to be assigned to you before the cruise.  Android users can download a barcode reader to accomplish the same.

Posted (edited)

We have the same thing and no cabin assigned at all, no muster or anything. 

I think we will be searching for free rooms at this rate when we get there, anyway still plenty of time for them to decided to look for a room for us I guess. 

Oh and no adding the room into the wallet DOESN'T work, still shows GTY. 

Edited by scooby1

25 minutes ago, scooby1 said:

I think we will be searching for free rooms at this rate when we get there, anyway still plenty of time for them to decided to look for a room for us I guess. 

Yeah, though the barcode trick has given me results several times, other times it still said gty.  You can re-check with the barcode trick (especially if a muster station appears before your cabin assignment, as the OP experienced).  Or your cabin assignment might appear without the barcode ever giving you a preview of your cabin number. Hang in there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scooby1 said:

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

Yeah, though the barcode trick has given me results several times, other times it still said gty.  You can re-check with the barcode trick (especially if a muster station appears before your cabin assignment, as the OP experienced).  Or your cabin assignment might appear without the barcode ever giving you a preview of your cabin number. Hang in there.

A tip to see if the bar code trick will work...if your muster =station is listed then a room is assigned, if you don't see a muster station then your room is not assigned.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the barcode tip - if it's right, I'm very happy with the 2 interiors I was assigned.  While not next door to each other, they are close and they are in a great spot in the middle of the ship (not under the pool, not over the dining room) where we can do stairs up and down to get places - and only 2 decks from central park, but not on the central park deck, so no traipsing folks coming down our hallway.

Plus, they gave me 2 3 person rooms, even though I had canceled our 3rd person in one room months ago...so extra bed space is a plus...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Thanks for the barcode tip - if it's right, I'm very happy with the 2 interiors I was assigned.  While not next door to each other, they are close and they are in a great spot in the middle of the ship (not under the pool, not over the dining room) where we can do stairs up and down to get places - and only 2 decks from central park, but not on the central park deck, so no traipsing folks coming down our hallway.

Plus, they gave me 2 3 person rooms, even though I had canceled our 3rd person in one room months ago...so extra bed space is a plus...

I’m glad you like your predicted cabins.  So far when a number has appeared with the barcode trick it has always accurately predicted my gty assignment.  Of course, the cruiseline is allowed to change around gty cabins if they wish (though they rarely do), so I admit there’s an off chance one could change sometime.  Also, while the apple wallet method seems fool-proof,  barcode reading apps can be more finicky, so one needs to take care to really get a valid barcode reading.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

There is no extra bed space!

For sleeping...not in the entire room.  Having the extra sofa bed means we can kick a kid between the cabins if needed...