Cruise Connect complimentary travel

Has anyone any experience with booking the complimentary coach with Cruise Connect after the 35 days has passed? 

I had it in mind that it was 4 weeks (no idea why!) and now it's too late to book online. I'm going to try ring first thing Monday but it's only 27 days by then.

The website help pages says they are open 7 days a week 8 till 8 but the message I got on the phone when I rang them says Monday to Friday 8 to 6 only, and their home page says Weekdays 8.30 to 6 and Saturdays 9 to 4. 

This could be one very expensive error, entirely my fault. 

1 minute ago, vitrocmax said:

Has anyone any experience with booking the complimentary coach with Cruise Connect after the 35 days has passed? 

I had it in mind that it was 4 weeks (no idea why!) and now it's too late to book online. I'm going to try ring first thing Monday but it's only 27 days by then.

The website help pages says they are open 7 days a week 8 till 8 but the message I got on the phone when I rang them says Monday to Friday 8 to 6 only, and their home page says Weekdays 8.30 to 6 and Saturdays 9 to 4. 

Do you mean Intercruise

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, vitrocmax said:

You can't book the complementary coach online anyway.

Cruise Connect/Intercruises don't own their own coaches but hire them. That is why they need the 35 days. If you're lucky they may have 45 passengers and hired a 52 seater (for example) so you will have no trouble. If you're unlucky they have 52 passengers. The only way to know is to phone and ask.

For future I've booked my travel a month ago for a cruise in August 2025 after being scared when their phone lines went haywire eight weeks before my last cruise and it took two weeks to get through to them!

PS: If you're unlucky you could try Eavesway. But you will have to pay and they are not P&Os "preferred partner" also, their network is not as comprehensive as Intercruise. 

Edited by FangedRose

17 hours ago, happy v said:

You will probably have to pay, but you never know until you ask. If you do P&O will exchange your booking to OBC

I've spoken to P&O today and restored my OBC.

Now I have to wait until tomorrow (seems like a lifetime!) to find out if I can get on with Cruise Connect (a brand of Intercruises). They offered me an online price yesterday (29 days to sailing) but not today, it's telling me to call them. 

Eavesway are full.

12 minutes ago, vitrocmax said:

I've spoken to P&O today and restored my OBC.

Now I have to wait until tomorrow (seems like a lifetime!) to find out if I can get on with Cruise Connect (a brand of Intercruises). They offered me an online price yesterday (29 days to sailing) but not today, it's telling me to call them. 

Eavesway are full.

Good luck. They always have some empty seats so you should be OK

At 9.00 this morning I rang, only to be told the Leeds coach was full. :classic_sad:

I was offered a place on another, travelling from Bradford :classic_smile: 

Not as easy to get to, but much easier than the train! :classic_happy:

Under the circumstances any option would do so I booked and paid for it :classic_mellow:

3.00 this afternoon had a phone call from Cruise Connect, they had looked at my email and arranged a seat on the Leeds coach if I wanted it, and so I swapped the booking I made this morning :classic_biggrin:

I'm so happy that someone cancelled, it's made the holiday so much easier. We like cruising because of the simplicity - just turn up at the coach station and there's nothing more to think about for 2 weeks (apart from what to eat where and which trips to go on) :classic_smile::classic_biggrin:

Thanks for all your replies

• Like 7