Switching cabins?

Posted (edited)

I hand picked my cabin for May,2025. I want to upgrade OV to balcony. Is there a charge? I have $200 OBC 👏👍 will I lose that? TIA

Edited by Crusin Karen
Spelling

If there is going to be a charge could depend on what the original offer offer code you booked under and what the new offer code is. The OBC will probably be determined by the new offer code, but also depends on what the original OBC was for.  Was it a FCC?  You would be better off calling a PVP,  travel agent, or Carnival direct  to get a accurate answer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Huge 'it depends' Karen. Here's what certainly IS true. Carnival will be happy to sell you an upgraded cabin. Going 'up town' is always easier than going 'down town'. As OFC said, give your representative or 1-800 a call.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ok thank you! I actually just booked it on my own on CCL website about a month ago. Always cruise in May from my home port and I saw my favorite OV was available so booked. Didn’t even realize there was an OBC. Recently saw that balcony is not much more and thought I might switch. 

Just now, Crusin Karen said:

Ok thank you! I actually just booked it on my own on CCL website about a month ago. Always cruise in May from my home port and I saw my favorite OV was available so booked. Didn’t even realize there was an OBC. Recently saw that balcony is not much more and thought I might switch. 

Even if you you booked it on your own, you can still call Carnival's 1-800 sales number.  They will be able to give you some upgrade options, possibly better than what you can get online.  If you don't like the options they offer, you aren't out anything other than the time it took for the phone call.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1